The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenPuck

Sens are struggling

Usually they choke once they are in the playoffs, but I guess this year it could happen earlier than expected. If they do make the playoffs they probably wont get farther than the first round bc of Gerber who is a very good choke artist come playoffs.

Ottawa is a one trick pony. The only real great line they have is Spezza-Heatly-Alfredson. Once teams shut down that line, they own Ottawa.

The Sens put there eggs into one basket and now they are suffering the consequnces.

My...my....did we not get our java fixes today? :lol:

You never know what is going to happen...Sens made it to the FINALS last year...remember? Where was Buffalo and the Canes? eh? :P LOL

It's not over until the fat lady sings...and we didn't get stiffed with the trade...neither team did!

My...my....did we not get our java fixes today? :lol:

You never know what is going to happen...Sens made it to the FINALS last year...remember? Where was Buffalo and the Canes? eh? :P LOL

It's not over until the fat lady sings...and we didn't get stiffed with the trade...neither team did!

Oh, I'm not saying you've gotten stiffed by the trade yet. It's only if you miss the playoffs or are knocked out in the first round and one or both of Stillman and Commie walk that you are stiffed. ;)

Oh, I'm not saying you've gotten stiffed by the trade yet. It's only if you miss the playoffs or are knocked out in the first round and one or both of Stillman and Commie walk that you are stiffed. ;)

I see what you mean...i doubt Commie will stay, I don't think he likes it here unfortunately. He played an outstanding game last night against Toronto...I was impressed with his agressive play, nice to see. I'm hoping that atleast Stillman stays on.

They pulled off a huge win in Toronto to save a little face, but they'd better not celebrate too much yet.

Face it, the http://www.hockey.com/hockey-blogs/nhl-news/856-ottawa-senators-choke-job-would-go-down-in-history.aspx' target="_blank">Sens are the ultimate chokers [/post], maybe for any team all time.

I can't wait to see them slip-slide out early in the first round.

you haven't been following buffalo sports much have you lol....

you haven't been following buffalo sports much have you lol....

Na.

Buffalo sports may have a history of choking but nothing can compare to the 2004 Yankees or the 2007 Patriots.

Also don't forget all the Cleveland teams...

Probably why I'm not more disappointed about tonight. LOL

Probably similar for you, as well. We Cleveland fans get very used to coming up just short.

(On a good note, though, the Kinston Indians - Top A farm club for Cleveland - just opened up their season down the road tonight. :) )

Probably why I'm not more disappointed about tonight. LOL

Probably similar for you, as well. We Cleveland fans get very used to coming up just short.

(On a good note, though, the Kinston Indians - Top A farm club for Cleveland - just opened up their season down the road tonight. :) )

Us Clevelanders are very use to seeing a Championship, a trip to play for the Championship, and the playoffs slip away. I'm disapointed wtih tonight, but nothing I don't think will ever top last years Indians playoff run, that was simply heartbreaking. You will never have a better chance than that really, just thinking about how good of a chance that was makes me want to cry almost. And of course the Cavs had their chance last year, and the Browns had the playoffs wrapped up untill one game screwed em over, and I could go on and on about Clevelands misfortunes.

Us Clevelanders are very use to seeing a Championship, a trip to play for the Championship, and the playoffs slip away. I'm disapointed wtih tonight, but nothing I don't think will ever top last years Indians playoff run, that was simply heartbreaking. You will never have a better chance than that really, just thinking about how good of a chance that was makes me want to cry almost. And of course the Cavs had their chance last year, and the Browns had the playoffs wrapped up untill one game screwed em over, and I could go on and on about Clevelands misfortunes.

Yeah, as a native Clevelander I'm right there with you, bud. The Indians would have won the World Series last year. I have no doubts about that. Boston was the only thing in the way. The Cavs got their chance but couldn't pull through. And the Browns. I think they would have surprised people if they had made the playoffs. And yeah, so many other "almosts" in Cleveland history. The hit up the middle in the 97 World Series. "The Fumble." That list is absolutely huge.

Honestly, tonight isn't even comparable to how close so many of those have been.

Well two of my teams have officially choked now (*cues all the Pats haters,lol*), I sure hope the Red Sox dont disappoint too bad :huh:

Well two of my teams have officially choked now (*cues all the Pats haters,lol*), I sure hope the Red Sox dont disappoint too bad :huh:

They're no longer called the Blue Jays. They lost the Blue after Labatt's Blue sold the team. Now they're just The Jays.

Toronto Jays? That doesnt sound right :huh: