The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

True.....been flying under the radar has Osgood......now he has a chance, and he hasn't been beaten yet.....good thing i just put him on my fantasy team haha. Now have him, Cam, and Thomas as my goalies. dropped laBarbera to have Osgood, but i think it's a good trade...

I can't figure out what to do with Ryan Miller on my team. He's absolutely killing me :(

Trade him for LeClaire :lol:

haha yeah right! unless they get hurt, dont look for Zetterberg, Leclaire, Iginla (mine haha), Kovalchuk, Brind'Amour, Staal, etc to get traded this season. The hot players are high up there. And people love em. I'd say, if you can, drop him and pick up another goalie that is doing very well right now. Get Osgood or Thomas, or Labarberra. Even Dan Ellis, Nik Backstrom, or Manny Legacy would be great trade-offs for Miller right now

haha yeah right! unless they get hurt, dont look for Zetterberg, Leclaire, Iginla (mine haha), Kovalchuk, Brind'Amour, Staal, etc to get traded this season. The hot players are high up there. And people love em. I'd say, if you can, drop him and pick up another goalie that is doing very well right now. Get Osgood or Thomas, or Labarberra. Even Dan Ellis, Nik Backstrom, or Manny Legacy would be great trade-offs for Miller right now

All taken...its very sad.

All taken...its very sad.

I think it is funny how the Sabres are just....kinda....there this season....by there i mean....like...around haha. not flashy, not doing much, not even their top scorers are doing anything. It's actually pretty sad, but funny to us. Wonder why they suck so much all of a sudden....and dont go saying no Briere/Drury, although im sure that has something to do with it haha

I think it is funny how the Sabres are just....kinda....there this season....by there i mean....like...around haha. not flashy, not doing much, not even their top scorers are doing anything. It's actually pretty sad, but funny to us. Wonder why they suck so much all of a sudden....and dont go saying no Briere/Drury, although im sure that has something to do with it haha

IMO, they have plenty of talent. The lack of leadership is hurting them and it just looks like there's no chemistry. Every teams needs that go-to-guy or guys as someone to turn to for perspective but they don't seem to have that guy. Miller just looks frustrated and somewhat defeated. I wouldn't count them out yet...

IMO, they have plenty of talent. The lack of leadership is hurting them and it just looks like there's no chemistry. Every teams needs that go-to-guy or guys as someone to turn to for perspective but they don't seem to have that guy. Miller just looks frustrated and somewhat defeated. I wouldn't count them out yet...

In that case, then having no Briere OR Drury really hurts them. Coming from an era where both were as much the leader as the other, now they are both gone, and there is a HUGE void. Ruff can't do it all on his own. Good thing for them is they have guys like Vanek and Stafford who are going to be the core of the team in close future years. Maybe this will just be a turnaround season

I'll write the note, you deliver it ;)

I will. I'll do anything at this point! lol

But even though his team is hanging him out to dry every night, Miller can still be better himself. He appears to be in a bit of a funk and hopefully he can get going soon. Unfortunately, I suspect he still has some lingering personal issues that need dealing with (the death of his cousin a few weeks ago). :(

However, he has been able to rebound tremendously in the past, so we'll see what happens.

In that case, then having no Briere OR Drury really hurts them. Coming from an era where both were as much the leader as the other, now they are both gone, and there is a HUGE void. Ruff can't do it all on his own. Good thing for them is they have guys like Vanek and Stafford who are going to be the core of the team in close future years. Maybe this will just be a turnaround season

The more I think about it, the more it seems what they're lacking is an identity. I think they did lose a big part of their identity when Briere and Drury left, no doubt. They aren't the same team as the last two years so they'll have to re-invent themselves, IMO. Also I think the weight of Vanek's contract is a pretty heavy load to carry, especially when the rest of the team is also struggling.

The more I think about it, the more it seems what they're lacking is an identity. I think they did lose a big part of their identity when Briere and Drury left, no doubt. They aren't the same team as the last two years so they'll have to re-invent themselves, IMO. Also I think the weight of Vanek's contract is a pretty heavy load to carry, especially when the rest of the team is also struggling.

Yes the whole team is falling through. It's quite sad for them. But at least they have potential. What's so hard this season is there are teams (Buffalo, Devils, Edmonton, Rangers) that have been consistently good in the past, and then teams (Columbus, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Minnesota) who have been mediocre at best in the recent past and are doing very well this season, ESP Columbus. ALOT is out of the norm this season, and I LIKE it. Esp since we are in the middle of it being at the near top of the league. Of course, Detroit is always up there, and Ottawa is usually not far behind, so that's no surprise. But I think we are as much of a surprise as, say Philly (on the ability to play, not the ethical concern they seem to lack)

Yes the whole team is falling through. It's quite sad for them. But at least they have potential. What's so hard this season is there are teams (Buffalo, Devils, Edmonton, Rangers) that have been consistently good in the past, and then teams (Columbus, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Minnesota) who have been mediocre at best in the recent past and are doing very well this season, ESP Columbus. ALOT is out of the norm this season, and I LIKE it. Esp since we are in the middle of it being at the near top of the league. Of course, Detroit is always up there, and Ottawa is usually not far behind, so that's no surprise. But I think we are as much of a surprise as, say Philly (on the ability to play, not the ethical concern they seem to lack)

Buffalo was really only good the past couple of years, remember they were in danger of losing their francise not too long ago when the league stepped in and bailed them out. Edmonton had that one long run in 06 but before that hadn't had much success since their Gretzky days in the eighties. The Devils and Detroit are always in the mix, with Ottawa joining in as of late. Columbus was due as well as the Kings. They've sat in the lower part of the standings, while re-building for several years. St. Louis is also on a rebound year too. They used to be great and are slowly coming around, and Minnesota is "hockey town" imo.

The nice thing about all the parity is that no team will sit on the bottom too long, look how fast Philly has turned it around. We're pretty spoiled around here because in our short history, we've had so much success. If we can string a few successful years in a row together, I think we'll be looked at in a different light. Right now, the Canes are still too inconsistent year to year to gain league-wide respect.

Buffalo was really only good the past couple of years, remember they were in danger of losing their francise not too long ago when the league stepped in and bailed them out. Edmonton had that one long run in 06 but before that hadn't had much success since their Gretzky days in the eighties. The Devils and Detroit are always in the mix, with Ottawa joining in as of late. Columbus was due as well as the Kings. They've sat in the lower part of the standings, while re-building for several years. St. Louis is also on a rebound year too. They used to be great and are slowly coming around, and Minnesota is "hockey town" imo.

The nice thing about all the parity is that no team will sit on the bottom too long, look how fast Philly has turned it around. We're pretty spoiled around here because in our short history, we've had so much success. If we can string a few successful years in a row together, I think we'll be looked at in a different light. Right now, the Canes are still too inconsistent year to year to gain league-wide respect.

Sabres @ Canadiens,

Sabres missing 3 D-men, Andrej Sekera is basically an extra attacker for the Habs when he's out there :mellow:

Montreal's PP is lights out... and they're gonna come out hot after losing to the Leafs.

Miller gets hung out to dry, 5-1 Habs

Sabres @ Canadiens,

Sabres missing 3 D-men, Andrej Sekera is basically an extra attacker for the Habs when he's out there :mellow:

Montreal's PP is lights out... and they're gonna come out hot after losing to the Leafs.

Miller gets hung out to dry, 5-1 Habs

yeah as much as I hate it, i have to agree with you on this one. Habs are good right now. Slugs are def not. we need to win to keep up our points standings lead over them. a win will get us within 3 of Ottawa and 2 of Detroit. We are hangin in there guys.

You can say that again.

I blame them for our horrid PK stats. ;)

yeah out of the 19 PPGs agaisnt us, 8 are from the Habs. Although we DID blank them (4-4 PK) at their own house back in October, so that is one good thing, cause it could be a lot worse.

funny tidbit, we have the same # of PPGs FOR us as we do AGAINST us.....19.