The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

I will add...currently, we are 2nd on the PP behind Montreal. They are at 31.0 % and we are at 24.7. Thats a pretty wide margin. We are only .1 up on Pittsburgh though (24.6), but at the bottom of the pack you have Edmonton with an absolutely DISMAL 5.6 percent with only 2 PPGs this season in 54 PPs.

However, on the PK, we are on the other end of the spectrum: 3rd from last with 73.2. Only New Jersey and Atlanta with worse PK%s'. The leader is Columbus with an ASTOUNDING 94.0 %. i think it's obvious where the work needs to be done, and not just because of Montreal.

Congrats to Mike for breaking the scoring record for US born players.

Mike Modano breaks Housley's U.S.-born player scoring record with 2 quick goals

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer

November 7, 2007

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Dallas center Mike Modano broke Phil Housley's NHL record for career points by an American-born player with two quick goals in the opening minutes of the Stars' game against the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday night.

Modano's two goals in the first 4:24 gave him 1,233 points in 1,253 regular-season games -- 242 games fewer than Housley played.

Modano, a 37-year-old Livonia, Mich., native who has spent his entire career with the Stars in Minnesota and Dallas, first tied Housley's mark by beating Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov on a long slap shot just 2:19 in. His 510th career goal -- also a U.S.-born record -- was just Modano's third in 15 games this season.

Mere moments after the Shark Tank crowd gave a warm round of applause for Modano's achievement, the star center broke away for a short-handed goal 4:24 in, slipping the puck under Nabokov to break the record.

Modano, who hadn't scored in Dallas' previous three games, became the career goal-scoring leader among U.S. players on March 17 with a pair against the Nashville Predators, surpassing Joe Mullen's previous record of 502.

Housley, a defenseman from St. Paul, Minn., played for eight teams in 21 seasons. He held the points record for seven years after getting 338 goals and 894 assists from 1982-2003 for Buffalo, Winnipeg, St. Louis, Calgary, New Jersey, Washington, Chicago and Toronto.

Thats it! Time to dump Ryan Miller as my goalie. Clearly I'm never going to win anything in my fantasy league with him. :angry:

Sabres got absolutely schooled by the Leafs tonight and Raycroft gets a shutout. What does Ryan Miller get.....NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, Atlanta beat Florida tonight.

I'd say they should be good and tired for us tomorrow night but we know how that worked out Thursday night :rolleyes:

Thats it! Time to dump Ryan Miller as my goalie. Clearly I'm never going to win anything in my fantasy league with him. :angry:

Sabres got absolutely schooled by the Leafs tonight and Raycroft gets a shutout. What does Ryan Miller get.....NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, Atlanta beat Florida tonight.

I'd say they should be good and tired for us tomorrow night but we know how that worked out Thursday night :rolleyes:

Yep, Florida once again completely fails in the 3rd period. It's an eerie trend they've had for a while now.

And unfortunately, Kovy was back for Atlanta. Which means, unless he re-injured himself in this game, we'll be facing him as well.

I watched a little of the FL/Thrash game and you know what....Florida takes a ton of penalties. Stupid ones, and at very inopportune times. So how come they only complain about us diving? I didn't see anything different tonight with Atlanta than in our games with them. I seriously watched for it every time Florida got called for a penalty and I just didn't see any difference. They hook, hold, clutch, grab and interfere and all those penalties are usually taken out of frustration when your team can't control the other team.

If they're just bitter about us beating them and thats what this is really all about, not only don't I have any respect for their coach and broadcaster, but now I don't have any respect for their team either.

I watched a little of the FL/Thrash game and you know what....Florida takes a ton of penalties. Stupid ones, and at very inopportune times. So how come they only complain about us diving? I didn't see anything different tonight with Atlanta than in our games with them. I seriously watched for it every time Florida got called for a penalty and I just didn't see any difference. They hook, hold, clutch, grab and interfere and all those penalties are usually taken out of frustration when your team can't control the other team.

If they're just bitter about us beating them and thats what this is really all about, not only don't I have any respect for their coach and broadcaster, but now I don't have any respect for their team either.

Personally I always thought that it was just the only thing they could come up with after losing to us 7 times last year.

Also, San Jose vs ducks is on yahoo live games tonight if you got that craving for some hockey but don't have any of the fancy CI or NHL network going for you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ana;_ylt=ApVpDybTMAHZy03hdBqav7I5nYcB' target="_blank">http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ana;_ylt...03hdBqav7I5nYcB[/post]

Well, their fans aren't taking this loss much better. Rather than discuss what went wrong with them tonight, they've decide to discuss where the Thrashers rank as far as "horrible teams" go. Apparently, they're above us because "Rod Brindamour sucks" and the diving excuse, and either above or below the Blue Jackets (Couldn't quite understand what he was trying to say) because they're "overachieving team of goons".

Really, Florida's problem is chemistry. They had some resemblence of chemistry for a while, but have you been paying attention to the comments Vokoun is making after games? He's a couple losses away from calling out individual players and demanding a trade.

Well, their fans aren't taking this loss much better. Rather than discuss what went wrong with them tonight, they've decide to discuss where the Thrashers rank as far as "horrible teams" go. Apparently, they're above us because "Rod Brindamour sucks" and the diving excuse, and either above or below the Blue Jackets (Couldn't quite understand what he was trying to say) because they're "overachieving team of goons".

Really, Florida's problem is chemistry. They had some resemblence of chemistry for a while, but have you been paying attention to the comments Vokoun is making after games? He's a couple losses away from calling out individual players and demanding a trade.

Kinda puts it all into perspective around here. Contrast their loss tonight and what the fans are saying vs. our board last night after an ugly loss. Of course it does help when your team is second in the conference but still, there was more "bad night, bad game" than searching for excuses.

Sabres board isn't any better, actually it's pretty dismal, not that I blame them. They were set up for disaster the minute Ottawa knocked them out of the playoffs ast season and teir off season started.

Ok, I'll take our ugly loss last night and move on knowing that games like that don't happen too frequently...hopefully. :unsure:

Kinda puts it all into perspective around here. Contrast their loss tonight and what the fans are saying vs. our board last night after an ugly loss. Of course it does help when your team is second in the conference but still, there was more "bad night, bad game" than searching for excuses.

Sabres board isn't any better, actually it's pretty dismal, not that I blame them. They were set up for disaster the minute Ottawa knocked them out of the playoffs ast season and teir off season started.

Ok, I'll take our ugly loss last night and move on knowing that games like that don't happen too frequently...hopefully. :unsure:

You know, I'm watching the Anaheim/San Jose game right now, and I gotta say, Anaheim seems to constantly boost my beliefs.

Last year, I was disappointed when we missed the playoffs, but watching Anaheim steamroll over everyone made me feel a little better about it.

This year, Anaheim's going nowhere fast, kind of like Carolina last year. Granted, they get the excuse of the loss of Teemu/Scott/Dustin, but something about this team always puts Carolina's into perspective.

You know, I'm watching the Anaheim/San Jose game right now, and I gotta say, Anaheim seems to constantly boost my beliefs.

Last year, I was disappointed when we missed the playoffs, but watching Anaheim steamroll over everyone made me feel a little better about it.

This year, Anaheim's going nowhere fast, kind of like Carolina last year. Granted, they get the excuse of the loss of Teemu/Scott/Dustin, but something about this team always puts Carolina's into perspective.

Every time they talk about Anaheim on XM, they always mention how they are follwing the same path that the Canes did last year. Im with you, I have nothing against Anaheim but I'm sure glad they're also having trouble after winning the cup. Helps to validate the issues of last year for us.

Every time they talk about Anaheim on XM, they always mention how they are follwing the same path that the Canes did last year. Im with you, I have nothing against Anaheim but I'm sure glad they're also having trouble after winning the cup. Helps to validate the issues of last year for us.