The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

What an entertaining 3rd period. Leafs suck, finally take the lead, then let the slugs tie it, then take the lead again, then slugs tie. They deserved to lose that game. Although a shoot out would have been nice to see. I still wish the leafs got the 2 points, but oh well, luckily I didn't really care.

Now back to see if my Indians can hold the fort down.

Now onto the other games. Ducks/Detroit and San Jose/Vancouver.

Anaheim up early in the 1st. Something like 1 goal in 2 shots. Poor Hasek/Osgood/whoever's in net.

EDIT: And Detroit answers right back. 1-1. Both scored a goal in less than 4 shots.

Paul Maurice's job is in jeopardy. That was a horrific loss giving up a 4 goal lead into the third. I feel bad for Raycroft.

Paul Maurice's job is in jeopardy. That was a horrific loss giving up a 4 goal lead into the third. I feel bad for Raycroft.

through the first two periods it looked as though raycroft was in fine form...but it just couldn't last. i guess the goaltender controversey is only going to become more heated in toronto. i agree with those of you that think that paul maurice is on thin ice right now.

I was surprised how well the Leafs did considering how bad the Canes slaughtered them the other night. I was going for the Sabres so the third period got pretty exciting! :lol:

"What can you say about luck on my part?" McCabe said. "I tried to clear it ... it was on me. I certainly didn't mean to put it in the net."

I'm sorry, but in order to clear the puck, you usually shoot it away from your net, not in it. McCabe has been non-existent for the Leafs, and when he finally puts the puck to the net, it causes the Leafs to lose.

haven't been watching the game too much being stuck at work, ducks up 3-1 so far in the game, I could be wrong as I haven't been paying much attention to the game but every time I look at it, seems Anaheim is on the PP, det taking too many penalties.

I'm sorry, but in order to clear the puck, you usually shoot it away from your net, not in it. McCabe has been non-existent for the Leafs, and when he finally puts the puck to the net, it causes the Leafs to lose.

lol. There is a reason he gets booed in his own building, and isn't because he's unlucky.

lol. There is a reason he gets booed in his own building, and isn't because he's unlucky.

He got really whiny about the booing last year. This last game probably isn't going increase his popularity any.

What he doesn't understand is that booing is the only way Leaf fans can vent. They can't boycott tickets, because there's thousands of fans willing to take their spot.

LOL, pronger might need a towel to dry off after that dive, still drew a penalty, was 5-3 det now ana got the pp.

I thought Giguere was back. Didn't he play lat night?

LOL, pronger might need a towel to dry off after that dive, still drew a penalty, was 5-3 det now ana got the pp.

yes he did, I guess they wanted to rest him on the back-to-back games even though hes only played one game :huh: ducks won 6-3 but the game was a lot closer then that, ducks got a late pp goal and a 100 yard hail-mary empty net goal from in front of the ducks goalie crease.

Games Tonight 10/16

Atlanta (0-5-0)@Philadelphia (3-1-0): 0-4

PHI: Richards, M. (01:21 in 2nd), Carter, J. (12:56 in 2nd), Kapanen, S. (13:30 in 2nd), Jones, R. (08:09 in 3rd)

Florida (2-3-0)@Montreal (2-1-1): 2-1 (SO)

FLA: Horton, N. (19:49 in 3rd)

MTL: Kovalev, A. (PPG, 02:53 in 1st)

Calgary (2-2-1)@Colorado (3-2-0): 9:00EST

Minnesota (5-0-0)@Los Angeles (1-5-0): 10:30EST

I don't see Atlanta breaking their losing streak tonight. Though I do see Montreal underestimating Florida.

$7 million worth spent, eh. :lol:

Raycroft got them a point. Without him, they wouldn't even have made it to OT.

But seriously, I don't want any Leaf or Sabres fans talk about our defense. Both teams defense sucked in the 3rd and were absoutely horrible.

Games Tonight 10/16

Atlanta (0-5-0)@Philadelphia (3-1-0): 7:00EST

Florida (2-3-0)@Montreal (2-1-1): 7:30EST

Calgary (2-2-1)@Colorado (3-2-0): 9:00EST

Minnesota (5-0-0)@Los Angeles (1-5-0): 10:30EST

Atlanta will not win which is fine by me, cause Philly is my 2nd team. I mean that was my birthplace.

Montreal will hopefully win, can't stand Florida

Like to see Colorado win.

Minnesota will continue to be undefeated.

Well, Florida dominated Montreal last season. Won 3 out of the 4 I believe. The only time Florida lost was a 0-0 shootout loss. The only time Montreal won was win Belfour wasn't in net.

So let's see how they do with Vokoun in net.

Well, I'm glad Bertuzzi was injured last night. :D

Here's hoping that the Avs beat the Flames tonight!

Not me, I have Bertuzzi on my fantasy team. :(

But I also have Budaj as my goalie tonight :)

Well, I'm glad Bertuzzi was injured last night. :D

Here's hoping that the Avs beat the Flames tonight!

Not me, I have Bertuzzi on my fantasy team. :(

But I also have Budaj as my goalie tonight :)