The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

we shouldn't have to sit around worrying about this game, Canes need to win their games, not hope Florida loses theirs. The best part of the game was that it didn't go to OT. One tema got 2 points, the other got zero. I said prior the season that florida would be the biggest threat to us, I have been watching them play and they have great young forwards and defensemen. Nathan Horton, Stephen Weiss, Olesz, Bouwmeester , and david Booth are all underrated players. Canes are going to need to finish at least 10 games over .500 in my opinion to win the Southeast. Florida just keeps getting better despite the talent they have on paper, they work really hard.

Well, I dunno what this is doing in Hurricane talk right now, but I'm assuming it's got something to do with the merge.

But anyway, Weight and Nieds return have really jumpstarted the Ducks. I was really hopeful that they'd miss the playoffs, but the way they've been playing lately, that's just not going to happen. Their defense is beastly, their goaltending great, and their offense good enough to get it done.

Wow, we gotta send a big Thank-You card to Antero Niittymaki. 38 save shutout to beat the Panthers.

The Kitties are starting to worry me, even though they've been losing lately. In these losses, they've been outshooting their opponents like mad. Hopefully those shots are just weak wristers from the circle and not good chances, because that's the case, we only have the goalies in the rest of the league to thank for our divisional status.

Wow, we gotta send a big Thank-You card to Antero Niittymaki. 38 save shutout to beat the Panthers.

The Kitties are starting to worry me, even though they've been losing lately. In these losses, they've been outshooting their opponents like mad. Hopefully those shots are just weak wristers from the circle and not good chances, because that's the case, we only have the goalies in the rest of the league to thank for our divisional status.

Yeah, well like Colsey said...I rarely watch Panthers games so I can't say if they are good chances. The thing with the Panthers is that they aren't deep offensively so I can't really consider them a threat.

BTW The Habs are up 3-2 over the Rags at the end of the 2nd. GO HABS GO.

actually,id say we prob want the Rags to win, as MON already has 44 points, and the Rags have 42....of course, we dont like them right now, but if they were to win in regulation, that would give montreal AND the rags only 1 game in hand on us and both only 1 point over us (so a loss for both in their next game would see them even with us with only 1 point over us). but if the habs were to win, that would give them 1 game in hand on us and 3 points more.

I have already decided we don't need to focus on the entire conference, we need to stay on top of the SE. If we do that we are seeded 1st/2nd/3rd so that will be just fine.

Plus seeing the Rangers lose is the only satisfaction I can get at this point for some of their players. :rolleyes:

haha yeah. i see your point TH24. ive kinda seen MON as a constant "rival" of sorts the way alot of your games ahve gone against them in the past few years (blowouts either way, molson miracle, etc). with them ahead of us, Id like to see them stay there. I am not so heated about the rags themselves, but their fans on here sure have done their number on me lol

actually,id say we prob want the Rags to win, as MON already has 44 points, and the Rags have 42....of course, we dont like them right now, but if they were to win in regulation, that would give montreal AND the rags only 1 game in hand on us and both only 1 point over us (so a loss for both in their next game would see them even with us with only 1 point over us). but if the habs were to win, that would give them 1 game in hand on us and 3 points more.

Why would we care? Even if they have more points than us, unless they're leading their division, it's a moot point.

Why would we care? Even if they have more points than us, unless they're leading their division, it's a moot point.

cause they are still in our conference. it is still a bit of rivalry. and also, because if we DONT win the division, we still need to make sure we are ahead of them, as they are both 2 of the most powerful EC teams. just thinking ahead that is all.

Seriously, we should only be worried about our own division right now. Losing ground to them could keep us out of the playoffs altogether.

I have no problem with the Rangers team, I may not care for a couple of their players but they're definately not on my radar.

Seriously, we should only be worried about our own division right now. Losing ground to them could keep us out of the playoffs altogether.

I have no problem with the Rangers team, I may not care for a couple of their players but they're definately not on my radar.

well thats again why I said that right now It may not matter, but eventually it may not. if we DONT win our division, but, say, come in second, but the Atlantic and Northeast go nuts and takeover the rest of the 8 spots, well we would be screwed. thats why I am saying to keep as close to or ahead of any of the other divisions' teams as possible at this point. I will always be rooting for the team that is farthest behind us.