The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

dammit rangers

well, someone's eventually gonna smash avery's head into a glass support. once that happens, i can root for the rags again.

That will be a good day. I am not gonna lie.

BRENDAN SHANAHAN!!!!

girardi had a great game, goal, assist, great defensive plays including breaking up a 2 on 1. drury had a great game too, dominated faceoffs, clutch tying goal, GW assist to shanny.

oh yea, avery played a good game too, hahaha

I'd agree he had a good game.....i dont think he got any PIMs...in which case, he had a REALLY good game lol

nah, that's usually a bad game for avery. he played straight up hockey and still got the job done

i thought you were actually impressed that avery didnt take a penalty

Just about as impressed as I am with Avery for saying that he hates hockey-obsessed Canadians :rolleyes: So what does that mean for the hockey obsessed Americans, are we okay?

Just about as impressed as I am with Avery for saying that he hates hockey-obsessed Canadians :rolleyes: So what does that mean for the hockey obsessed Americans, are we okay?

He hated hockey-obsessed Canadians because they pay way too much for tickets. Since we have cheap tickets, we're fine.

Of course, he ignores the fact that the Rangers tickets are also expensive, so...

So.. I know I'm kind of late, but I just got back from following the Canadiens to Atlanta, Tampa and Sunrise. First time I do a big hockey trip like that, so it was pretty awesome.

Not only did the Canadiens win 5-2 and 5-1 in Tampa and Sunrise, but I got a chance to meet all of the Canadiens team. We just happened to be staying in the same Embassy Suites in Tampa and I was sitting in the lobby, enjoying a drink at approx. 5:30 pm when the WHOLE TEAM (and coaching staff) just walked downstairs. Insane, I know. But I have a beautifully signed jersey now.

Plus, the games were amazing. I think I'm going to go to every Canadiens game in Florida from now on, it felt like the Bell Centre. I heard more French than English as I walked around, and the cheers of Ole! and Go Habs Go were louder than any cheers the home team could get together.. not to forget to mention how loud it was when the Canadiens scored, and how fantastic those guys played. Maybe not fantastic, considering Ramo and Holmqvist both did not play well and were letting in every other shot on goal. (Aswell as the goalies for the Panthers, eesh.) The Panthers definitely played better than the Lightning which were just terrible, in my opinion. The Canadiens though, were still very good. 5 points in three games is good to me.

Fantastic anyways. Just thought I'd share =)

I will post pictures sometime when given the opportunity.

lol...what that great wrister doesn't work too well in the SO's?

Sakic always beats the goalie but always hits the post. Don't know why, but it happens.

Avs lose by the way. 2 goals by Vrbata in regulation plus one in the shootout.

Wow.. Caps just continue to score goals against the Senators. All of a sudden, they're only 6 points behind us. Was 2-0 at one point, then it fell apart there with Caps scoring 3 times in like 3? minutes.

Wow.. Caps just continue to score goals against the Senators. All of a sudden, they're only 6 points behind us. Was 2-0 at one point, then it fell apart there with Caps scoring 3 times in like 3? minutes.

Yeah, the whole Emery situation has really messed with the Senators.

The Kings are putting a whooping on the Blackhawks.

Silly Kings, you're suppose to spread your offense out through multiple games, in order to get more points. Using all of it in 1 game isn't a smart move.

Yeah, I just heard saw the Kings' 9-2 (no, that's not a typo) win over the Hawks on Fox Sports West. Speaking of Fox: Jim Fox, the Kings' long-time TV color guy, wore an egregious red plaid sports coat for tonight's game, one that fellow announcer (and HHOF member) Bob Miller made him look like Don Cherry. :P

With tonight's, poor Foxy's doomed to wear that 40-year-old coat -- something that looks like a Scottish kilt -- for the rest of the season ... :unsure:

Yeah, the whole Emery situation has really messed with the Senators.

As I'd mentioned to Caniac97, it's a quagmire in Ottawa with the eight (yes, eight) freaked-out sports reporters on hand each day, the barely mediocre Senator defense, and the aforementioned never-ending soap opera called "As The Emery Turns." As if that's not enough for my fave netminder to deal with each day, I'd be surprised if he isn't finding life a wee bit interesting with a fellow goaltender who throws public hissy-fits and is in the middle of a road-rage incident involving a 65-year-old man ... a case that's scheduled to be tried in court any day.

You've gotta love today's NHL: announcers wearing vintage plaid sports coats, and Hummer-driving goaltenders going into full road-rage mode against senior citizens ... :blink:

Jan/GSBG