The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

And for even more drama, Patrick O'Sullivan swung his stick at a Blackhawks player. Got a match penalty for intent to injure.

From what it sounds like (hopefully it'll be up on YouTube soon), it was a very similar play to the one Adams made against the Leafs.

Sullivan should get 2 games. We'll see if that happens.

Yeah, it was a 9-2 victory, but there's something really interesting.

The Kings score 9 goals, and our favorite defenseman, Jack Johnson, somehow ends up at a -1. :P

Don't lose your collective shorts over Johnson, fellow Caniacs. So far, he hasn't contributed diddly over poo for this hapless club ... and some King never fails to eff up royally in each game, regardless of the outcome. Whaddaya expect for a pathetic crew that's won a paltry 14 games nearly halfway into the season? :blink:

After tonight's shellacking, I'd be surprised to watch Team Purple score nine goals in the next nine games. Take it from a native SoCal who watches (or listens to) every game: The Kings are beyond brilliant in devising ways to eff up on the ice. :P

Jan/GSBG

Well, apparently Teemu Selanne has been practicing at the Honda Ponda lately. In full Duck uniform, no less.

Of course, he's doing it alone, so Burke doesn't get accused of anything, but come on.

Well, apparently Teemu Selanne has been practicing at the Honda Ponda lately. In full Duck uniform, no less.

Of course, he's doing it alone, so Burke doesn't get accused of anything, but come on.

God, if Bertuzzi wins the Cup because of Burke's schemes, I'm going to kill someone.

Of course, I might forgive him if he spends his day with the Cup visiting Steve Moore.

This league's really starting to tick me off. Jsaon Blake gets sucker-punched by Downie, and the league is investigating. Ladd gets sucker-punched by Avery, and the league twiddles their thumbs.

Because it's the Leafs (or because it's the Rangers), there's an obvious degree of bias here.

In the battle of your 2nd and 3rd favortie teams in league haha jk

Atlanta beats Buffalo 5-2

Ugly game, Sabres need to do something to shake up the team, 6 losses in a row, 2 of them to Ty Conklin puts paperbag over head.

Any youtube of the Blake-Downie hit?

Ugly game, Sabres need to do something to shake up the team, 6 losses in a row, 2 of them to Ty Conklin puts paperbag over head.

Thanks alot Quince :rolleyes: , I didn't think we were asking for too much from you guys here. How bout we trade you Kaberle for Campell straight up?

Haven't seen Youtube of the Downy hit yet but wow....Hatcher?????

Zajac later accused Flyers defenseman Derian Hatcher of biting his finger during a scrum in front of the net in the second period. Hatcher denied the charge, saying Zajac stuck a finger in his mouth as he raked him across his face while wearing his glove.

"He came in and went exactly like that right across my face," Hatcher said as he illustrated what he said Zajac did. "If he's cut, good. I didn't bite him. He almost took my tooth out."

Hatcher said one of the Devils asked him whether he had bitten Zajac, and he didn't know what the New Jersey player was talking about.

But Devils coach Brent Sutter said a video replay showed Hatcher biting Zajac's finger, and that Zajac's glove was still in Hatcher's mouth after Zajac pulled his hand back.

"Like a dog on a bone," Sutter said.

Thanks alot Quince :rolleyes: , I didn't think we were asking for too much from you guys here. How bout we trade you Kaberle for Campell straight up?

Haven't seen Youtube of the Downy hit yet but wow....Hatcher?????

Zajac later accused Flyers defenseman Derian Hatcher of biting his finger during a scrum in front of the net in the second period. Hatcher denied the charge, saying Zajac stuck a finger in his mouth as he raked him across his face while wearing his glove.

"He came in and went exactly like that right across my face," Hatcher said as he illustrated what he said Zajac did. "If he's cut, good. I didn't bite him. He almost took my tooth out."

Hatcher said one of the Devils asked him whether he had bitten Zajac, and he didn't know what the New Jersey player was talking about.

But Devils coach Brent Sutter said a video replay showed Hatcher biting Zajac's finger, and that Zajac's glove was still in Hatcher's mouth after Zajac pulled his hand back.

"Like a dog on a bone," Sutter said.

Uh huh....and yet Avery got at least 4 punches to Ladd's face and nothing.

Regardless Downie needs harsher punishment. Apparently it's not getting through his head.

And Hatcher biting???!? No surprise that it's a Philly player though. :rolleyes:

Uh huh....and yet Avery got at least 4 punches to Ladd's face and nothing.

Regardless Downie needs harsher punishment. Apparently it's not getting through his head.

And Hatcher biting???!? No surprise that it's a Philly player though. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that Ladd sustained a broken orbital bone on the play.

If the league doesn't go back and review Avery's sucker-punches after this, I'm going to be disgusted.

Philly's a mess right now, which is really sad, because if they actually played clean hockey, they'd probably be up there with Detroit. I doubt anything comes from the Dowdie thing, simply because of how torn up Philly is.

But Hatcher, wow, this guy's nuts. The game after he goes around biting people, he does this:

Wish the best of luck to Lupul (out with a concussion and a spinal cord injury, probably about a month).

Too bad it won't stop the Flyers from pulling this kind of stuff.

Can't really blame Hatcher for that hit on Lupul, instances like that occur all of the time it's just that they don't usually lead to a major injury like this one did.

Article about Lupul. Sucks for him, and its gonna hurt Philly.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2008...pinal_cord.html

At the end of the article:

The NHL reviewed a punch Downie threw in the third period that nailed Jason Blake while Blake was being restrained by an official during a scrum. Downie, who has been suspended once this season, threw the punch across the official's body. Blake never saw it coming and sported a black eye. That Downie received only a double minor for roughing did not please Leafs coach Paul Maurice. "I have a very strong [opinion] that matters not," Maurice said, biting his tongue.

"I didn't [take] a good look at the play myself, but I am going to," Stevens said.

As bad as Downie's punch was, the league is not reviewing the boarding by Toronto's Pavel Kubina that severely cut Braydon Coburn. No penalty was called.

Of course the league cant do anything about it or they'd look like fools for doing nothing to Avery about his hit to Ladd. Sorry state of affairs IMO...

Article about Lupul. Sucks for him, and its gonna hurt Philly.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2008...pinal_cord.html

At the end of the article:

The NHL reviewed a punch Downie threw in the third period that nailed Jason Blake while Blake was being restrained by an official during a scrum. Downie, who has been suspended once this season, threw the punch across the official's body. Blake never saw it coming and sported a black eye. That Downie received only a double minor for roughing did not please Leafs coach Paul Maurice. "I have a very strong [opinion] that matters not," Maurice said, biting his tongue.

"I didn't [take] a good look at the play myself, but I am going to," Stevens said.

As bad as Downie's punch was, the league is not reviewing the boarding by Toronto's Pavel Kubina that severely cut Braydon Coburn. No penalty was called.

Of course the league cant do anything about it or they'd look like fools for doing nothing to Avery about his hit to Ladd. Sorry state of affairs IMO...

Can't really blame Hatcher for that hit on Lupul, instances like that occur all of the time it's just that they don't usually lead to a major injury like this one did.

It would have been a major hit, had he hit the right player. If he had hit Steen, like he intended, it would have led to yet another suspension. He left his feet, and looks like he led with the elbow.

Hate to say it but Philly just got a little taste of their own medicine, at the expense of one of their own. Thayt being said, I hope Lupul has a fast recovery.

Listening to Dennis (Blowhard) Potvin this morning, he basically said that the if the refs don't start letting the players take care of these guys (Downey) themselves and stop jumping in to break it up so quickly, things are just going to get uglier and uglier with the cheap hits and head shots. He thinks the league will definitely be taking a good long look at the instigator rule this summer. In the mean time, lets hope no one gets paralyzed or killed till the summer. :rolleyes:

Hate to say it but Philly just got a little taste of their own medicine, at the expense of one of their own. Thayt being said, I hope Lupul has a fast recovery.

Listening to Dennis (Blowhard) Potvin this morning, he basically said that the if the refs don't start letting the players take care of these guys (Downey) themselves and stop jumping in to break it up so quickly, things are just going to get uglier and uglier with the cheap hits and head shots. He thinks the league will definitely be taking a good long look at the instigator rule this summer. In the mean time, lets hope no one gets paralyzed or killed till the summer. :rolleyes:

Man, I can't believe the way this season has turned out. Anyone looked at the standings lately? No team is out of it yet. None. That's unbelievable. Even LA and Tampa Bay, who are struggling right now, could easily get back into the race with a small streak.

The fact that all teams end their season with an 8-game divisional run makes it even more interesting.

I agree Frog.....parity is NUTS this year. but its good. stressful. but good. for the league. keeps fans everywhere interested and watching cause they never know where their team will be or how they will do. its very very good in that sense. love it.

So I was watching the Oilers/Isles game...the Oilers shut Isles out 4-0 btw

but the best part was when Comrie took a penalty and as he sits down in the box, they put Hilary Duff on over the speakers at the arena :lol: :lol: