The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Yeah, we were discussing the awesomeness that is Ovechkin in the chat today. The guy literally carries his team to victories, ala tonight's game. 4 goals and an assist? Factoring in on all goals? Wow.

I hate that we have to worry about a one-man (two-man if you count Kolzig) team. :angry:

Again, Ovechkin is a dominant force on that team, but it's not like he's surrounded by scrubs. Mike Green is leading the league in defensive scoring. Their rookie player (Backstrom) is already a dominant force (41 points in 51 games). And if Nylander and Semin could stay healthy, I'm sure they'd be in the divisional lead instead of us.

Again, Ovechkin is a dominant force on that team, but it's not like he's surrounded by scrubs. Mike Green is leading the league in defensive scoring. Their rookie player (Backstrom) is already a dominant force (41 points in 51 games). And if Nylander and Semin could stay healthy, I'm sure they'd be in the divisional lead instead of us.

I am just saying that if you took AO off that team, they would not be near us in the standings. Not saying they wouldn't ever have a single point. Just...

Oh well....we are still in 1st.

I am just saying that if you took AO off that team, they would not be near us in the standings. Not saying they wouldn't ever have a single point. Just...

Oh well....we are still in 1st.

Oh, no doubt about that.

On an interesting note, since Backstrom took over as center for Ovechkin, he's been at a goal per game pace.

Since the new Capitals coach took over (who's name escapes me), Ovechkin has 39 goals in 41 games.

If the Caps make the playoffs (and especially if they win the SE division), Bruce Boudreau will be the front runner for the Jack Adams IMO.

If the Caps make the playoffs (and especially if they win the SE division), Bruce Boudreau will be the front runner for the Jack Adams IMO.

Eesh. Avs are being outshot 11-1 in the first twelve minutes of the Red Wings game. Not looking good thus far, but they're on a power-play. I'm not expecting for the Avs to win, 'cause they're missing so many key guys due to injury and the Wings are unfortunately good, but hopefully they'll accomplish something with this PP.

And fudge, the Thrashers are up 2-0 on the Slugs... :angry:

And fudge, the Thrashers are up 2-0 on the Slugs... :angry:

Slugs have tied it!!! Woo? LOL I hate cheering for them ugh

Moose decided he was going for a walk on that 2nd goal..couldn't get back in time.

Mwahahahahha Slugs score. 3-2

I think I am gonna be sick. How about from now on we get a HUGE lead in the division so I don't have to worry so much about cheering against our divisional teams that I must cheer for the Sabres?

Darn Panthers are in OT with Vancouver and if Buffalo can just hold on for 2 more minutes, they'll beat the Thrashers 4-3.

Lets Go Buffalo :o

Darn Panthers are in OT with Vancouver and if Buffalo can just hold on for 2 more minutes, they'll beat the Thrashers 4-3.

Lets Go Buffalo :o

Stupid Buffalo and Vancouver, both could have shut the door for the wins but Buffalo takes rediculous penalties and sends it into OT. Vancouver gets awarded a PS but blows it and they go into the SO. :angry:

Stupid Buffalo and Vancouver, both could have shut the door for the wins but Buffalo takes rediculous penalties and sends it into OT. Vancouver gets awarded a PS but blows it and they go into the SO. :angry: