The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Why would you pick up that shmuck?

Well the awesomeness of Budaj negates the evil that is Todd Bertuzzi, so you're still cool. ;)

Silly me thought that maybe his injuries were behind him and a fresh start on the Ducks would do him the world of good. If you take away all the baggage around him, he's not a bad player. Apparently his injuries aren't going away any time soon :rolleyes:

I don't have too many players playing tonight so your goalie better get me a shut out. :P

Why would you pick up that shmuck?

Well the awesomeness of Budaj negates the evil that is Todd Bertuzzi, so you're still cool. ;)

Silly me thought that maybe his injuries were behind him and a fresh start on the Ducks would do him the world of good. If you take away all the baggage around him, he's not a bad player. Apparently his injuries aren't going away any time soon :rolleyes:

I don't have too many players playing tonight so your goalie better get me a shut out. :P

yeah, that montreal/florida game was brutal. it became deathly quiet when the panthers scored to tie it up. in other news, it was great to see the trashers get absolutely thrashed on the road against philly. i know that hossa is still not 100%, but it's still nice to see the trashers go down.

Anyone pay attention to the Florida/Montreal game? Montreal has a 1 goal lead for most of the game, Florida scores with 11 seconds remaining and wins in the shootout.

yeah real unfortunate.....montreal dominated the entire game, only to lose it in the end. Just goes to show that domination means nothing if you can't finish.

Attention: If you didn't get Stastny on your fantasy hockey team, give up now. The kid is crazy good.

Colorado comes back from a 4 goal deficit and beats Calgary in the shootout.

Anyone pay attention to the Florida/Montreal game? Montreal has a 1 goal lead for most of the game, Florida scores with 11 seconds remaining and wins in the shootout.

I watched it on Center Ice Online. The Habs should have spotted the Panthers a 3 goal lead. Then they would have choked in the 3rd, and handed Montreal a win.

Attention: If you didn't get Stastny on your fantasy hockey team, give up now. The kid is crazy good.

Colorado comes back from a 4 goal deficit and beats Calgary in the shootout.

What a game last night... what a game.

If Theodore keeps up what he did last night, he might replace Budaj as our number 1.

If Theodore keeps up what he did last night, he might replace Budaj as our number 1.

That was a crazy good game for CO, not so much for my fantasy team though :( .

Good win for the Panthers but I'd hate to see them gain any confidence with the last minute heroics. <_<

That's a tough way to lose for the Habs.

Thrashers.....they are in big trouble.

That was a crazy good game for CO, not so much for my fantasy team though :( .

Good win for the Panthers but I'd hate to see them gain any confidence with the last minute heroics. <_<

That's a tough way to lose for the Habs.

Thrashers.....they are in big trouble.

yeah real unfortunate.....montreal dominated the entire game, only to lose it in the end. Just goes to show that domination means nothing if you can't finish.

I was mad last night. How do you let Florida score with 11 seconds left? I hate Florida and I hate seeing them on this 3 game winning streak. Guess I have to cheer for the leafs tonight and hope they can beat those panthers.

Anyone watching the NJ/Pens game? Is the HD feed jumping around or is it me?

This game could easily erupt into a bench clearing brawl. 3-3 with a goal under review for NJ, I think there were like 5 players in the Pens net :huh:

This game could easily erupt into a bench clearing brawl. 3-3 with a goal under review for NJ, I think there were like 5 players in the Pens net :huh:

That was a crazy game, that goal against the pens shouldn't have counted when all the devils were in the net, one of which was sitting on flurry (sp?) , he was pissed and ripped the goal out afterwards lol.

Highlight of the game, Crosby got punched in the face.

For those that watched the Pens/NJ game last night....

With Sutter as NJ's new coach, they seem to be playing a little more open style of hockey (less trapping) now. This open style leads to more scoring chances but also adds risk to the defense. Is it a coincidence that Marty Brodeur's goals against average is climbing? Is it because of the system being played now or is it that age is starting to catch up with him? He is a great goalie but did the defensive system played in NJ all these years play a bigger role in his success than some care to admit?

I think NJ will have a good year and will give the Pens a run for their money. The players on that team like Zach Parise, will flourish in an open ice system. I thought losing Rafalski would really hurt them but maybe not so much now that I've seen what Sutter is doing. Gomez just may regret leaving now cause his numbers could have been very high in a system like that. Wonder what Lou thinks of all this, total opposite of his thinking.

For those that watched the Pens/NJ game last night....

With Sutter as NJ's new coach, they seem to be playing a little more open style of hockey (less trapping) now. This open style leads to more scoring chances but also adds risk to the defense. Is it a coincidence that Marty Brodeur's goals against average is climbing? Is it because of the system being played now or is it that age is starting to catch up with him? He is a great goalie but did the defensive system played in NJ all these years play a bigger role in his success than some care to admit?

I think NJ will have a good year and will give the Pens a run for their money. The players on that team like Zach Parise, will flourish in an open ice system. I thought losing Rafalski would really hurt them but maybe not so much now that I've seen what Sutter is doing. Gomez just may regret leaving now cause his numbers could have been very high in a system like that. Wonder what Lou thinks of all this, total opposite of his thinking.

I think Marty's increasing GAA is a mixture of both. His age is definitely catching up with him, since he seemed a little off before they moved to this new style of playing. He performed very poorly in last year's playoffs, when they were still using trap.

I don't think it's unwarrented. Toronto's defense in general has been absolutely horrible. And if they're paying you $7 million, they want someone who can contribute. It'd seem odd if this was a single incident, but that "GWG" was just the cherry on top. Hell, in the Carolina game, he was trying to scoop the puck behind his own net, cut too close and tripped, which popped the puck right in front of the net with Walker right there.

Toronto announcers mentioned that there were scouts from about fourteen other NHL teams in the press box for the Florida / Toronto game tonight. Wonder if any of our guys were there?

Thashers lead the Rags 4-1 (??)

Looks like ATL is also finding it's dirty groove again too with late hits etc. Orr just called Exelby on one and that wimp tucked his head in and just dropped to his knees. *shakes head*

Edit: make that 5-1

Thashers lead the Rags 4-1 (??)

Looks like ATL is also finding it's dirty groove again too with late hits etc. Orr just called Exelby on one and that wimp tucked his head in and just dropped to his knees. *shakes head*

Edit: make that 5-1

Maybe Hartley was the problem,lol.

Montreal trying to catch Ottawa 3-2.

What just happened with Shanahan and Exelby?