The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Yeah, but the Panthers are 6 points behind with 1 game in hand and the Thrashers 7 points behind with 2 games in hand.

It's great that we're far enough away to not have to worry about those games in hand, but it does no good if we can't keep this winning streak going.

And considering our play against the Devils...

Yep, the Pathers remain 6 points behind with no games in hand after this 5-0 loss. Good deal.

The bad news, is that the Devils and the Rangers won, which means they'll both be coming to Carolina with a win.

The bad news, is that the Devils and the Rangers won, which means they'll both be coming to Carolina with a win.

Another way of looking at these games is that both teams are playoff calibre teams and this will be an indication of how the Canes will do should they make they playoffs.

Another way of looking at these games is that both teams are playoff calibre teams and this will be an indication of how the Canes will do should they make they playoffs.

I'm looking forward to how we do against the Rags and the Devils, it should reflect how we do in the playoffs, should we make it. (let's not jinx ourselves)

Oh, and the Ducks are 9-1-0 since Teemu's return.

9-1-0, people.

It's wrong and unfair imo; the team was just plain ordinary without S. Niedermeyer and Selanne...now they come back at the last minute and save the day...shows you just what type of team the Ducks really are.

It's wrong and unfair imo; the team was just plain ordinary without S. Niedermeyer and Selanne...now they come back at the last minute and save the day...shows you just what type of team the Ducks really are.

Like I said earlier in the topic, getting Nieds back was a questionable tactic, but he found a loophole. Good for him.

Selanne, however, was a free agent. Just because he signed with the Ducks and made the team better doesn't mean it's not fair.

Way to go Avs. Way to freaking go.

I can understand blowing a 2-0 lead to say, Calgary or Minnesota, but EDMONTON? Are you kidding me?!

And I agree with those who think that the re-signing of Selanne and the return of Niedermayer is unfair. It's pretty obvious now that Burke told them to lay off signing so he could free up some cap room to sign some important players, then he'd see how the team does without Nieds and Selanne, and when he found out that they're really not all that great, lo-and-behold, it's time for Teemu and Scotty to return and save the day, for a fraction of the regular price!

Way to go Avs. Way to freaking go.

I can understand blowing a 2-0 lead to say, Calgary or Minnesota, but EDMONTON? Are you kidding me?!

And I agree with those who think that the re-signing of Selanne and the return of Niedermayer is unfair. It's pretty obvious now that Burke told them to lay off signing so he could free up some cap room to sign some important players, then he'd see how the team does without Nieds and Selanne, and when he found out that they're really not all that great, lo-and-behold, it's time for Teemu and Scotty to return and save the day, for a fraction of the regular price!

And the downside of that being is that it was a risky move. What if the Ducks had fallen to the bottom of the league because Scott and Selanne weren't there? Would it have seen like an unfair move then?

As far as I can tell, the whole situation's pretty legit. They had Nieds under contract, and Selanne was a free agent.

The Avs just aquired Foresberg, wouldn't that be similar to what the Selanne situation is?

And the downside of that being is that it was a risky move. What if the Ducks had fallen to the bottom of the league because Scott and Selanne weren't there? Would it have seen like an unfair move then?

As far as I can tell, the whole situation's pretty legit. They had Nieds under contract, and Selanne was a free agent.

The Avs just aquired Foresberg, wouldn't that be similar to what the Selanne situation is?

The Forsberg situation is similar, but the fact that he's been having trouble with his foot makes it somewhat more legitimate. I didn't hear anything about Selanne having medical issues.

Bah, I'll eat my words. :D

Sens just getting dominated by the Leafs, 5-0 halfway through the 3rd. Commodore caught on the ice for 2 of them, Stillman for one.

3 PPGs for the Leafs. Guess Commie's not doing so well on their PK.

Flyers end their losing streak, beating Buffalo in a shootout. Briere, the hated enemies of Flyer fans everywhere, scores the winning goal against his former team in the shootout.

Well here is my opionion...if they go to win the Cup now, how can you feel like you really deserve if when you came in 3/4 of the way through the season.

It is really aggravating for them to be doing so stellar now, when other teams have been just muscling through all season.