The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Man, Detroit is a mess with all their injuries, gives teams like Dallas a great chance to snare the President's Cup. Also, Wild just beat the Kitty cats 3-2 so I guess there's something we can take tonight.

What a night!

My boy Huet with a shutout, playing his first game with the Caps.

And of course, my Canadiens.. if my eyes don't decieve me, #2 in the Eastern Conference. I don't mean to brag, because I am just amazed at how wonderful these guys have been. I am proud of them! Kovalev with 4 assists tonight, Pleks with a hat trick and an assist. First line is just unstoppable!

They passed up the Senators. Finally. :)

Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Man, Detroit is a mess with all their injuries, gives teams like Dallas a great chance to snare the President's Cup. Also, Wild just beat the Kitty cats 3-2 so I guess there's something we can take tonight.

Heh, apparently Setoguchi's second goal came after the puck hit the net off of a point shot and bounced right to the side of the net. Refs didn't see it, so the goal stood.

I say it's karma from when Hasek flopped when Hannan got pushed into the post.

Heh, apparently Setoguchi's second goal came after the puck hit the net off of a point shot and bounced right to the side of the net. Refs didn't see it, so the goal stood.

I say it's karma from when Hasek flopped when Hannan got pushed into the post.

Yeah, that was a really bad blown call, especially considering it ended up being the game-winner. The puck was obviously in the mesh, then it flipped down beside the net, and Setoguchi stuffed it in. Really, really terrible.

Pleks with the hat trick and Price looking sharp, this team is on FIRE. I am sure nobody expected this type of play from the Canadiens at the beginning of the season. Watching them play is incredible. Price so far as answered the call since being made the number 1 netminder. He is very cool in the net and under the pressure. After listening to the analysts last nite, it seems the move was a smart one for Gainey. He would have had to sign Huet for at least 3-4 years with a big $$$ tag. That would leave either Price or Halak out and Gainey did not want to lose either of them. He believes Price and Halak are the future of the habs goaltending and both have accomplished quite a bit in the minors. Price winning the world junior championships and winning the calder cup last year and Halak leading all goalies this year in the minors. Halak played very well last year in the 7-8 games he played for the habs....looked sharp

HUET with the shut out....that was great to see...good for him. The caps will be a force with two strong goalies to rely on. The team can play with confidence and take some chances knowing either goalie is capable. also Federov making some good plays last nite....both these things add up to bad news for the canes.

HUET with the shut out....that was great to see...good for him. The caps will be a force with two strong goalies to rely on. The team can play with confidence and take some chances knowing either goalie is capable. also Federov making some good plays last nite....both these things could add up to bad news for the canes.

Fixed that for you. Not sure one game will be that decisive ;) .

HUET with the shut out....that was great to see...good for him. The caps will be a force with two strong goalies to rely on. The team can play with confidence and take some chances knowing either goalie is capable. also Federov making some good plays last nite....both these things could add up to bad news for the canes.

Fixed that for you. Not sure one game will be that decisive ;) .

I think that Huet and Kolzig have proved that they are excellent goalies. He doesn't need more than one game with the caps to prove he is a very capable netminder. Those two goalies combined again give the caps an important edge.

I think that Huet and Kolzig have proved that they are excellent goalies. He doesn't need more than one game with the caps to prove he is a very capable netminder. Those two goalies combined again give the caps an important edge.

In theory it should but there are other dynamics at work too. Kolzig has not been good this year, and per the Caps' announcers, has not been getting along well with Boudreau. They tried to trade him and he refused to waive his NTC so you just don't know if that be an ongoing issue with now 2 #1's. Kolzig's a pro's pro so I doubt it but you just don't know.

TSN had an interesting stat about how Huet's numbers have been steadily climbing and it remains to be seen if his outstanding debut is a return to form or an aberration. All in all though, I think they pulled off a shrewd move on paper and we'll have to wait to see how it translates on the ice.

Ottawa beats Pitt 5-4, the scary part is Pitt didn't have Hossa, Crosby, and 2 starting d-men...

IMO A healthy Pitt is the team to beat in the East over Ottawa, NJ, and MTL even with their goalie situation.

Ottawa beats Pitt 5-4, the scary part is Pitt didn't have Hossa, Crosby, and 2 starting d-men...

IMO A healthy Pitt is the team to beat in the East over Ottawa, NJ, and MTL even with their goalie situation.

I really think the loss of Colby Armstrong and Christiensen are going to hurt the depth on that team more then people think....that's just my guess.

They have two amazing top lines now, but can their 3rd and 4th lines carry the load?

I've watched their last two games, and they are talented up front but their defensive game looks iffy.

Thoughts?

Oh my goodness.

The Canadiens beat the NJ Devils, who are still at 80 points. The Canadiens have 81.

I am amazed. It's always someone elses team, it's always other fans cheering, but this time it's me, with my team sitting at number one and it feels absolutely marvolous. I want to hug the whole world :)

Sadly, I didn't watch the game, but the guys did amazing anyways. The lead may not last long, but it's nice for now, and at least I know that it's possible.

Congrats to the Canes on the big win tonight.

Wow, nasty hit to Ryan Smyth and he's heading to the hospital on a stretcher. Hope he's ok.

In other news, a big thank you to Paul Maurice and to Claude Julien tonight for a job well done. ;)

Wow, nasty hit to Ryan Smyth and he's heading to the hospital on a stretcher. Hope he's ok.

In other news, a big thank you to Paul Maurice and to Claude Julien tonight for a job well done. ;)

Ladd just score to take the Hawks up 1-0!

show 'em how its done canes style! perhaps the hawks fans will feel better about their trade now? (cause they can't have ruutu back!)

did anyone else see avery take a diving penalty this afternoon against the flyers? priceless!!! :P

(sadly...rangers won in the SO.)

show 'em how its done canes style! perhaps the hawks fans will feel better about their trade now? (cause they can't have ruutu back!)

did anyone else see avery take a diving penalty this afternoon against the flyers? priceless!!! :P

(sadly...rangers won in the SO.)

I saw that! It was great.

AND Boulerice beat the living crud out of Orr too today. It was nice!

I saw that! It was great.

AND Boulerice beat the living crud out of Orr too today. It was nice!

Jesse is back with the Flyers???? I missed the game. Wished I could have seen that. If anyone finds a vid on the fight on YouTube, please post it.

Yay Ladd!

And regarding Smyth, evidently he's got no post-concussion syndromes but possibly a separated shoulder.

GO HAWKS!

Glad for Ladd and I thought Smyth would get worse than a separated shoulder after I saw he smacked his head on the ice too.

Yay Ladd!

And regarding Smyth, evidently he's got no post-concussion syndromes but possibly a separated shoulder.

GO HAWKS!

Glad for Ladd and I thought Smyth would get worse than a separated shoulder after I saw he smacked his head on the ice too.