The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

And it's a shootout in Toronto. Not that it matters. Both teams get a point, which is just bad for us.

EDIT: And Atlanta pulls through. Now they have 4 points.

Things are getting worse in Toronto, its not just that they're losing, but its how they're losing and who they're losing to.

And it's a shootout in Toronto. Not that it matters. Both teams get a point, which is just bad for us.

EDIT: And Atlanta pulls through. Now they have 4 points.

Things are getting worse in Toronto, its not just that they're losing, but its how they're losing and who they're losing to.

Hey, TSA, you'll be happy. Budaj turned away 25 of 27 shots to get the Avs the win over the Oilers.

I'm very surprised that the Oilers fans gave Smyth a standing ovation, rather than booing him like they did Pronger. Classy move.

Hey, TSA, you'll be happy. Budaj turned away 25 of 27 shots to get the Avs the win over the Oilers.

I'm very surprised that the Oilers fans gave Smyth a standing ovation, rather than booing him like they did Pronger. Classy move.

Saw that...I needed a nice win from him.

Yeah, I was suprised at how the reception was for Smyth too but his departure was quite different than Pronger's. He's a very emotional guy and its cool to see that kind of raw emotion from pro sports players.

I love watching the final win of the Stanley Cup, Word Series and the Super Bowl just for the raw emotion of the whole thing. Even if my team isn't there, its still an awesome thing to watch (Of course my teams seem to be keeping me quite busy lately ;) ).

11 1/2 hours and counting.......

Saw that...I needed a nice win from him.

Yeah, I was suprised at how the reception was for Smyth too but his departure was quite different than Pronger's. He's a very emotional guy and its cool to see that kind of raw emotion from pro sports players.

I love watching the final win of the Stanley Cup, Word Series and the Super Bowl just for the raw emotion of the whole thing. Even if my team isn't there, its still an awesome thing to watch (Of course my teams seem to be keeping me quite busy lately ;) ).

11 1/2 hours and counting.......

Gahhh World Series or Sabres vs. Canes.... Lifes full of hard decisions LOL

Yeah, even TIVO isn't gonna help this one. :(

Gahhh World Series or Sabres vs. Canes.... Lifes full of hard decisions LOL

Yeah, even TIVO isn't gonna help this one. :(

I just don't get the reception for Smyth in Edmonton. Yes he was their captain but he forced a trade over money and wouldn't go back their this summer. That act usually gets players booed no matter how popular they were before they got traded, just look at Primeau.

I just don't get the reception for Smyth in Edmonton. Yes he was their captain but he forced a trade over money and wouldn't go back their this summer. That act usually gets players booed no matter how popular they were before they got traded, just look at Primeau.

First off, Ryan Smyth, although called "Captain Canada," wasn't the Oilers' captain. That's Jason Smith you're thinking about. ;)

In defense of Smytty, Kevin Lowe had the opportunity to get Smyth an extension for a lower price than what the Avs got him for. Instead, he signed Fernando Pisani and some other role-players to overpriced deals and put Smyth behind all them. That sends a message that Smyth was not wanted by the organization. Why should he stay if they don't seem to think he's important?

It's similar to what happened to Darcy Regeir and the Sabres with Briere and Drury. He had a chance to extend their contracts, gambled, and ended up losing big time. Only difference is that Edmonton was out of playoff contention, so they figured they'd trade Smyth away. I'm sure Buffalo would've done the same if they were out of playoff contention.

Pronger wanted out of Edmonton

Smyth wanted to stay, it was Lowe who wouldn't pay him and treated him like he wasn't that important.

Pronger wanted out of Edmonton

Smyth wanted to stay, it was Lowe who wouldn't pay him and treated him like he wasn't that important.

Even so, Oilers fans can be kind of... I wanna say... delusional? There were plenty of them that began to know him as "Cryan $myth" after he signed with the Avalanche. From what I heard lurking on hfboards.com and other Oilers sites, there was a good amount of hatred directed towards him.

But it's great to have the King of the Crease Crashers on the Avs. :D

Don't fight Chara

Why on earth did this guy think this was a good idea? I know Chara rarely fights but maybe this is why, most people aren't dumb enough to fight a guy who's 6-9 and got at least half a foot of reach on them.

Looks like it was a good night for Boston all around, Bruins, BC and Sox won.

Jesus, LeClaire out of Columbus is unreal. 5 starts, 4 shutouts.

Looks like he may finally live up to his draft position. He was taken #8 overall in a year in which Peter Budaj was selected in the second-round, Ray Emery was selected in the fourth-round, Cristobal Huet was selected in the seventh-round, and Martin Gerber was selected in the eigth-round.

Even so, Oilers fans can be kind of... I wanna say... delusional? There were plenty of them that began to know him as "Cryan $myth" after he signed with the Avalanche. From what I heard lurking on hfboards.com and other Oilers sites, there was a good amount of hatred directed towards him.

But it's great to have the King of the Crease Crashers on the Avs. :D

Oiler fans forget that their finalist team 2 years ago was ACTUALLY an 8th place seed. They really had no business being in the finals, but they push their way in their anyways (good for them). The problem is now most Oiler fans have become delusional and fantasize that their team has magically jumped from 8th place struggling franchise to the ranks of the Detroits and Anaheims around the league......leaving them confused and angry as to why players aren't jumping at the opportunity to play for them.

The Avs were extremely lucky last night. From what I understand, Calgary was dominating the play for most of the game.

Calgary was dominating the play. Theodore's the only reason they won.

I never thought I'd say that, but I glad that I can. :D

WTP, you'll be very happy with Theodore last night. 39 saves to get the win for the Avs.

I don't want to say this too prematurely, but he's definitely not last year's Jose Theodore (if you catch my drift).

Aww I wish I could have watched it. I'll have to find highlights.

And yeah, I know what you mean. Haha. The Avs definitely have a good team though, so it helps Jose look a little better.. not that he's not an excellent goalie or anything ;)