The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Well overall I thought the team was better earlier anyways...seems like lately they've been having trouble scoring goals...while giving up softies. I'm not surprised though...they're a PP goal team...that is when they win it's because they've gotten PP opportunities and score on them...just like Montreal. However when Philly and Montreal don't get many PP chances then low and behold they don't win as many games...Montreal is a better team but they really do live and die with those PP's.

They played well in the beginning of the year because Gagne and Briere played well together, then Gagne gets a concussion and is out for the rest of the season. Too many man hours lost to injuries, Gagne,Richards, Lupul, Hatcher, Umberger, Randy Jones. We just got Mike Richards and Joffrey Lupul back and Hatcher and Umberger get hurt. Also John Stevens keeps switching up the lines and plays defensemen that are slow and turn over the puck too much. We aquired Jim Vandermeer and he didn't work out then they traded him for Jaroslav Modry and he is a clone of Vandermeer. Lasse Kukkonen has been a healthy scratch for weeks and he is a better defensemen than both of them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Danny Briere is playing hurt, he hurt his shoulder about 2 weeks ago, sat out 1 game and has been playing ever since. You can see him favor it every time he scores and he can't do the fist pump and when someone hits him he winces with pain.

They played well in the beginning of the year because Gagne and Briere played well together, then Gagne gets a concussion and is out for the rest of the season. Too many man hours lost to injuries, Gagne,Richards, Lupul, Hatcher, Umberger, Randy Jones. We just got Mike Richards and Joffrey Lupul back and Hatcher and Umberger get hurt. Also John Stevens keeps switching up the lines and plays defensemen that are slow and turn over the puck too much. We aquired Jim Vandermeer and he didn't work out then they traded him for Jaroslav Modry and he is a clone of Vandermeer. Lasse Kukkonen has been a healthy scratch for weeks and he is a better defensemen than both of them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Danny Briere is playing hurt, he hurt his shoulder about 2 weeks ago, sat out 1 game and has been playing ever since. You can see him favor it every time he scores and he can't do the fist pump and when someone hits him he winces with pain.

Well I also think Biron's play has considerably dropped off...along with what you say and the lack of scoring. It'll be interesting to see if the Flyers can keep afloat.

Make that 6 straight in the third for the Sabres. 7-4 Final

Rumor has it TB is asking to change their name to the Dolts.

Just took a side cyber-trip to TB's message board to see what their fans had to say about their team's melt-down aginst the Slugs. It seems TB's office had the audacity to mail 2008 playoff ticket invoices with their renewals for next season. Maybe my name change request makes sense.

The former Hurricanes in Chicago wanted to give their old team the boost they desperately needed. Thanks, guys!!

But seriously, we shut them out, and now they shut out Washington by two more points than us? Yikes. They're out to spoil!

Caps just took a 5-0 beatdown from the Hawks. Nice reminder that OV cant win them all.

What made it more special is Kabibulian (sp) got a shutout the night they honored

Tony Esposito, aka Tony O for his amazing 15 shutouts as a rookie in 1970

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Esposito''>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Esposito' target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Esposito[/post]

Thanks Hawks. :)

On behalf of Chicago- you're welcome. :P

I have always liked Chicago (see Denis Savard in my jersey sig)

I miss old Chicago Stadium. I loved that place and the

"real" goal horn for when they scored, not all these

imitators now in all the arenas.

thanks again for the win B)

and Go Avs for Canachial Avaholic :D