The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

I don't wish injury on anyone but this makes me chuckle a little. I feel bad for Hossa and the Penguins since they did give up some pretty good players for him. He has only played like 6 games with them. At this rate he won't be helping them much in the playoffs...

Only teams that haven't been watching us play of late. The Senator fans don't want us.

I've been watching, Carolina's month of March has been filled with teams below the 8th seed.

Mind you the victory against Min was impressive.

I've been watching, Carolina's month of March has been filled with teams below the 8th seed.

Thanks, but we'll enjoy our ride. Its been a hell of an effort from a completely depleated team to not only keep the wheels from falling off, but gain enough ground to hold the top spot. All while gaining enough points to not only just get them the third seed by default, but a legitimate playoff position regardless.

If anyone wants to come to our board and belittle our team and what they've accomplished, dont expect a warm reception or response. Congrats to the Habs, they've had an exceptional year and are poised to do some damage in the post season. Anything can happen in the post season, just ask Detroit and Edmonton.

Thanks, but we'll enjoy our ride. Its been a hell of an effort from a completely depleated team to not only keep the wheels from falling off, but gain enough ground to hold the top spot. All while gaining enough points to not only just get them the third seed by default, but a legitimate playoff position regardless.

If anyone wants to come to our board and belittle our team and what they've accomplished, dont expect a warm reception or response. Congrats to the Habs, they've had an exceptional year and are poised to do some damage in the post season. Anything can happen in the post season, just ask Detroit and Edmonton.

Yeah Montreal is hardly special...as I've said before they are a PP opportunity team...when they get their chances and capitalize they're pretty good...but when they don't get their chances watch out because suddenly their 4 forward lines are pretty average...and Price isn't gonna carry you on a Cup run. It'll be interesting to watch the Habs in the postseason where PP's usually go down and the game becomes more physical...be interesting to see how the team uses offensive depth against some better-balanced teams in the East.

and Price isn't gonna carry you on a Cup run.

careful there grasshopper...young rookie goaltender taking over late in the season and leading his upstart team to a stanley cup...sounds an AWFUL lot like 2006...

Yeah Montreal is hardly special...as I've said before they are a PP opportunity team...when they get their chances and capitalize they're pretty good...but when they don't get their chances watch out because suddenly their 4 forward lines are pretty average...and Price isn't gonna carry you on a Cup run. It'll be interesting to watch the Habs in the postseason where PP's usually go down and the game becomes more physical...be interesting to see how the team uses offensive depth against some better-balanced teams in the East.

Montreal is 2 points away from having 5 guys with over 50 points, the lines look average because many of those 50 point players are rookies or young.

And TSA I wasn't belittling anyones team....

Out of the top 4 seeds in the East you can only imagine that Carolina is the team most of the bottom 4 seeds wouldn't mind playing.

Add Ottawa to the list of cheap shotting teams (sorry sensrebel). Bass just boarded Marco Sturm from behind on an obvious cheap shot which sent Sturm to the locker room. Aaron Ward retaliated on Jason Spezza and this game is getting uglier by the minute.

Bruins lead 2-0 Go Bruins!

Add Ottawa to the list of cheap shotting teams (sorry sensrebel). Bass just boarded Marco Sturm from behind on an obvious cheap shot which sent Sturm to the locker room. Aaron Ward retaliated on Jason Spezza and this game is getting uglier by the minute.

Bruins lead 2-0 Go Bruins!

Montreal is 2 points away from having 5 guys with over 50 points, the lines look average because many of those 50 point players are rookies or young.

And TSA I wasn't belittling anyones team....

Out of the top 4 seeds in the East you can only imagine that Carolina is the team most of the bottom 4 seeds wouldn't mind playing.

Actually, I've heard arguments for all the teams in the playoffs. Montreal's too soft, and obviously not built for the playoffs. Pittsburgh's got questionable goaltending. Brodeur (and thus, the Devils) choke in the playoffs.

Actually, I've heard arguments for all the teams in the playoffs. Montreal's too soft, and obviously not built for the playoffs. Pittsburgh's got questionable goaltending. Brodeur (and thus, the Devils) choke in the playoffs.

This has been the argument in previous years, but I haven't heard that argument this year. I think Komiserik leads the league in hits or did at some point.

Montreal's real weakness this year is lack of injuries. While injuries are never good to have, Montreal has yet proven this year that they can still win when big pieces of the team are out. If someone like Koivu or Kovalev get hurt, it could cause the entire team's chemistry to fall apart.

Could be just jealousy, but I hear that argument all the time at HFBoards. Whether or not it's true is another thing. Wouldn't know, since the last time we faced the Habs was in November (I believe). Which is just ridiculous.

Havn't you noticed that if the Rangers goes past OTT we might actually face OTT in the first round.. :huh:

There is a slight chance if the Sens keep dropping games that they won't even make the playoffs. :blink: