The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

:o:o IS THAT POSSIBLE? Wow..

This was suppose to be their year..

Apparently they need 3 points in their last 3 games, because otherwise Washington could tie them for points and the Sens would lose one of the tiebreakers.

Needless to say, on one of the Sens boards, they aren't too confident in getting 3 more points.

EDIT: Here is what the Sens fan said....

Ok, Ottawa has three games left - Montreal, Toronto and Boston.

Washington has four games left - Florida, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Florida.

Ottawa is 42-29-8 for 92 points

Washington is 39-31-8 for 86 points

- If Washington wins their next four and Ottawa drops the next three, Ottawa is out of the playoffs.

- If Washington wins 3/4 and Ottawa drops the next three, they'd have identical records. I don't know if it goes by series first, or by GF/GA first - if it's the former, Washington is in, if it's the latter, Ottawa is in. I'm pretty sure it's the former.

Considering Washington has the easier schedule, I'm a little worried. Basically, Ottawa can't lose for the rest of the year.

Havn't you noticed that if the Rangers goes past OTT we might actually face OTT in the first round.. :huh:

Ive noticed. ;)

The 6th seed is up for grabs and could go to any of teams left in the mix. Its no secret that the Bruins are my second favorite team but I admire the heart that team shows, even when it seems that things just cant get any worse. I credit the coaching of Claude Julien as well as the determination of the rest of the team. They're similar to the Canes in how they respond when their backs are to the wall and adversity is at its worst so Im cheering for them to hang onto their spot in the playoffs, its theirs to lose at this point.

Watching Ottawa today, its getting a little frustrating watching teams that are slipping resort to goonery when things arent going their way. Ottawa has way too much skill to have to resort to that. Not to mention, the Bruins have had enough of their top players taken out for most of the season due to cheap goonery.

Havn't you noticed that if the Rangers goes past OTT we might actually face OTT in the first round.. :huh:

Ive noticed. ;)

The 6th seed is up for grabs and could go to any of teams left in the mix. Its no secret that the Bruins are my second favorite team but I admire the heart that team shows, even when it seems that things just cant get any worse. I credit the coaching of Claude Julien as well as the determination of the rest of the team. They're similar to the Canes in how they respond when their backs are to the wall and adversity is at its worst so Im cheering for them to hang onto their spot in the playoffs, its theirs to lose at this point.

Watching Ottawa today, its getting a little frustrating watching teams that are slipping resort to goonery when things arent going their way. Ottawa has way too much skill to have to resort to that. Not to mention, the Bruins have had enough of their top players taken out for most of the season due to cheap goonery.

Not to mention, the Bruins have had enough of their top players taken out for most of the season due to cheap goonery.

And they are still have a huge chane of making the PO

I acutally give them a lot of respect :D , why? because they managed to hold on to playoff spot when they have a hectic injured list of players

That's a bad result. Not only does it bode poorly for us, if we do lose the division lead, but it also means the Caps will be even more fired up for the Tuesday game.

According to the posters on the Caps board they fear Pittsburgh more than they do us. I wonder if it has to do with a AO vx SC thing.

I wouldnt put too much stock into what you read on other team's boards, lol. If I was an outsider reading this board, I'd think we all suffered from bi-polar disorder. :blink:

Did you guys know that if the Sabres miss the playoffs this season, they go down in history with the 69-70 Habs and the 92-93 Rangers, as teams who missed the playoffs the season after winning the Presidents Trophy? Boy, if we wanted to retaliate for all the grief they gave us for missing the playoffs after winning the Cup.....nah, not worth it, lol. This was a joke, Im not promoting retaliating, just thought it was interesting.

According to the posters on the Caps board they fear Pittsburgh more than they do us. I wonder if it has to do with a AO vx SC thing.

I wouldnt put too much stock into what you read on other team's boards, lol. If I was an outsider reading this board, I'd think we all suffered from bi-polar disorder. :blink:

Did you guys know that if the Sabres miss the playoffs this season, they go down in history with the 69-70 Habs and the 92-93 Rangers, as teams who missed the playoffs the season after winning the Presidents Trophy? Boy, if we wanted to retaliate for all the grief they gave us for missing the playoffs after winning the Cup.....nah, not worth it, lol. This was a joke, Im not promoting retaliating, just thought it was interesting.

LMAO But who are we going to give grief to? The 5 loyal Sabres fans who haven't jumped off the bandwagon? :lol:

Seriously though..anyone who IS going to retaliate...PLEASE PLEASE just wait until after our season is finished. We don't want to anger the hockey gods. Kthx! :)

The AO vs SC element probably has a bit to do with it, but the fact that Pitts is leading the conference while the Canes technically have less pts then the 8th seed might have something to do with it too.

The AO vs SC element probably has a bit to do with it, but the fact that Pitts is leading the conference while the Canes technically have less pts then the 8th seed might have something to do with it too.

And this still matters when the Pens only have 9 points more than the Canes? If the Pens were to lose their last 3 games (very possible, since one against NYR and two against Philly), and the Canes win their last 3, the Pens would only have a 3 point advantage. In fact, the Canes could possibly jump above the 4th thru 8th points to truly be in the 3rd spot in such a scenario, too.

Instead of everyone bashing the Canes and the Southeast Division, why isn't everyone looking at the parity of the Eastern Conference and how close so many teams are? There is not one team that is dominating and statistically look to be an easy in for winning the conference. This is setting up a very exciting playoffs where it could be anybody.

If this were happening in any other division would the same be said? Oh, wait... Nobody is crying foul about the Central Division, which has Nashville struggling to get into the 8th spot so that Detroit isn't the only team in the playoffs. Yet the Southeast is the only "easy" division, huh? :rolleyes:

Not meant in any way to call you out, Hoyle, but as you can tell I'm getting pretty sick of the hypocrisy around the league.

Not meant in any way to call you out, Hoyle, but as you can tell I'm getting pretty sick of the hypocrisy around the league.

No offense taken...

The Eastern Conference does have a wide margin of parity evident, but the fact that the Canes could potentially make the playoffs with less points then the 8th place seed is the epitome of that parody, that's why so many people are pointing it out.

It might also be because Rang, Flyer, Bruin, Sabre, and Sens fans have spent the last few weeks looking over their shoulders as they chase each other, while the Canes have only had to worry about staying in front of Washington.

And I wasn't trying to pour salt in a wound, this is the "Around the League" section of the forum, Erwin asked an honest question, so I gave him an honest opinion. I've been coming here for a long time now and have made a number of friends, so I sympathize with everyone's disdain for trolls, but at the same time I shouldn't have to sugar coat my posts just because i happen to be a long-time member of this board who cheers for another team.

And people have been complaining about Detroit all season. The only reason why they are running away with franchise WIN records this season is because they play in the worst division in the West.

No offense taken...

The Eastern Conference does have a wide margin of parody evident, but the fact that the Canes could potentially make the playoffs with less points then the 8th place seed is the epitome of that parody, that's why so many people are pointing it out.

It might also be because Rang, Flyer, Bruin, Sabre, and Sens fans are spent the last few weeks looking over their shoulders as they chase each other, while the Canes have only had to worry about staying in front of Washington.

And I wasn't trying to pour salt in a wound, this is the "Around the League" section of the forum, Erwin asked an honest question, so I gave him an honest opinion. I've been coming here for a long time now and have made a number of friends, so I sympathize with everyone's disdain for trolls, but at the same time I shouldn't have to sugar coat my posts just because i happen to be a long-time member of this board who cheers for another team.

What's interesting is that you're the only one pointing it out on our board and multiple times so yes, your point has been made loud and clear and it shouldnt be suprising that some here would take offense to it and feel their team is being belittled. Most expect this on other boards but not on our own.

And before you use that argument, it has nothing to do with who you cheer for and everything to do with respect here on this board. We have many members that represent other teams but show respect here.

No offense taken...

The Eastern Conference does have a wide margin of parody evident, but the fact that the Canes could potentially make the playoffs with less points then the 8th place seed is the epitome of that parody, that's why so many people are pointing it out.

It might also be because Rang, Flyer, Bruin, Sabre, and Sens fans are spent the last few weeks looking over their shoulders as they chase each other, while the Canes have only had to worry about staying in front of Washington.

What's interesting is that you're the only one pointing it out on our board and multiple times so yes, your point has been made loud and clear and it shouldnt be suprising that some here would take offense to it and feel their team is being belittled. Most expect this on other boards but not on our own.

And before you use that argument, it has nothing to do with who you cheer for and everything to do with respect here on this board. We have many members that represent other teams but show respect here.