The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Well, going completely off-topic now...back to this thread's original purpose...

The Rags had a pretty good game against the Pens earlier tonight...let me tell you they could really be a darkhorse in the playoffs...Lundqvist...several good offensive scorers with experience...a top-ranked defense...damn they have all the makings of a deep playoff team...let's just hope that we don't have to face them first.

Well, going completely off-topic now...back to this thread's original purpose...

The Rags had a pretty good game against the Pens earlier tonight...let me tell you they could really be a darkhorse in the playoffs...Lundqvist...several good offensive scorers with experience...a top-ranked defense...damn they have all the makings of a deep playoff team...let's just hope that we don't have to face them first.

From everything I heard from the start of the season till the allstar break, the Rangers were the favorites coming out of the East. The Pens took over when they started piling up points and the Rangers hit a few bumps. Should be interesting to see what Avery does in the playoffs. He's been a big part of their success heading down the stretch but was a no show in the playoffs last season.

Be nice if they could just knock each other out. :P

From everything I heard from the start of the season till the allstar break, the Rangers were the favorites coming out of the East. The Pens took over when they started piling up points and the Rangers hit a few bumps. Should be interesting to see what Avery does in the playoffs. He's been a big part of their success heading down the stretch but was a no show in the playoffs last season.

Yea I don't fear too many Eastern teams for the 'Canes to play against...but the Rags physicality and the Pens offensive depth do make me nervous...just like the Habs quickness and finesse...but I mean we always have an experienced playoff team to fall back on...gotta be one thing the 'Canes have going for them. lol I remember two years ago when the playoffs started the ONE team I didn't want us to face was the Buffalo Sabres...they were just like us...lighting quick and could score in bunches...yet there we were having to face them in the ECF...whew what a series win that was...so relieved when it ended.

Yea I don't fear too many Eastern teams for the 'Canes to play against...but the Rags physicality and the Pens offensive depth do make me nervous...just like the Habs quickness and finesse...but I mean we always have an experienced playoff team to fall back on...gotta be one thing the 'Canes have going for them. lol I remember two years ago when the playoffs started the ONE team I didn't want us to face was the Buffalo Sabres...they were just like us...lighting quick and could score in bunches...yet there we were having to face them in the ECF...whew what a series win that was...so relieved when it ended.

Pretty tough to defend against a mirror image of yourself. Glad it worked out for us, lol.

Pretty tough to defend against a mirror image of yourself. Glad it worked out for us, lol.

Considering this is "NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard", just thought I'd chime in......

Not that you didn't know this already but tonight: Avs 4 <-> Canucks 2. Lookin' like the Sucks are out of it.

I apologize for being late to this thread. Seems there some in-fighting, name-calling, PM'ing. You know - the usual hockey forum stuff.

I have only one question regarding Hoyle, is that avatar supposed to be someone in black-face?

FYI - I'm not here to crash the party: North Carolina native but been in Colorado longer than the Avs. I've also been going to Canes games since they were in the Greensboro Coliseum. Remember the black tarps in the upper's to hide the empty seats? Can't say that I'd ever seen a pig hidden in a Zamboni before either. Good times.

Go Canes....er - Avs. Wait. Go Avs and Canes!??!?

AvaCane OUT........

Considering this is "NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard", just thought I'd chime in......

Not that you didn't know this already but tonight: Avs 4 <-> Canucks 2. Lookin' like the Sucks are out of it.

I apologize for being late to this thread. Seems there some in-fighting, name-calling, PM'ing. You know - the usual hockey forum stuff.

I have only one question regarding Hoyle, is that avatar supposed to be someone in black-face?

FYI - I'm not here to crash the party: North Carolina native but been in Colorado longer than the Avs. I've also been going to Canes games since they were in the Greensboro Coliseum. Remember the black tarps in the upper's to hide the empty seats? Can't say that I'd ever seen a pig hidden in a Zamboni before either. Good times.

Go Canes....er - Avs. Wait. Go Avs and Canes!??!?

AvaCane OUT........

I like you.

You need to post here more. :D

Nice comeback by the Avs last night. I'm hoping they'll move up to the sixth seed, as I'm not too big on playing San Jose in the first round.

At least one of my teams is in!

I like you.

You need to post here more. :D

Nice comeback by the Avs last night. I'm hoping they'll move up to the sixth seed, as I'm not too big on playing San Jose in the first round.

At least one of my teams is in!

I like you too. Another fan of both my favorite teams (obviously). Feel the love?

I was definitely feeling it last night. Glad to see Foppa finally get his goal. Still not sure why he didn't shoot on that empty-net at the end though. Sure, he was running down the clock but he had plenty of space.

Business-as-usual here in Denver. Sadly, baseball's starting so our playoff clinch got buried on Page 13 of the Rocky Mountain News. Yikes. Short-term memory loss as everyone's happily ignoring the Rockies getting spanked last World Series.

Just like you guys, I really want to see the Canes get in the playoffs.

Go Canes. Go Avs.

The Phillie/Pens game is getting REALLY ugly.

For those that say Crosby is a whiner for no reason and that the league baby's him. He just two head shots from Hartnell on separate accounts. One wasn't even called.

The Phillie/Pens game is getting REALLY ugly.

For those that say Crosby is a whiner for no reason and that the league baby's him. He just two head shots from Hartnell on separate accounts. One wasn't even called.

Nothing Philly does suprises me anymore. I don't understand how Philly is taking 5 roughing calls in what was mostly a one goal game and expect to win.

Actually, I've heard arguments for all the teams in the playoffs. Montreal's too soft, and obviously not built for the playoffs. Pittsburgh's got questionable goaltending. Brodeur (and thus, the Devils) choke in the playoffs.

how can Brodeur choke in the playoffs with his 3 Cup wins :huh:

Mtl, Pitt are the favs to me IMO as they are the most talented in the East this year.

anything can happen but Pitt/MTL look great right now.

how can Brodeur choke in the playoffs with his 3 Cup wins :huh:

Mtl, Pitt are the favs to me IMO as they are the most talented in the East this year.

anything can happen but Pitt/MTL look great right now.

He didn't fare well in 05'-06'. He didn't fare well in 06'-07'. For some reason, he hasn't done well in the playoffs lately. Always seems to give up goals at terrible angles.

Sens win 8-2

BUT lost Fisher AND Alfredsson and murray said will likely be out the 1st round

I saw that hit on Alfreddsson...yikes, he looked knocked out cold. Have they said the word concussion yet?

That game got really ugly and really out of hand. Who were the refs?