The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

NHL's Out of Town Scoreboard

Looks like Tampa is going to be the Calgary Flames of last season; horrible on the road but pretty good at home. I can see the Canes running away with the division right now...

LB, do think Tort's job is hanging by a thread now? Looks as if the locker room may have stopped listening to him. You can only scream, yell and call out players so long before they start tuning you out. They really have looked a mess the last couple of games and even Phil Esposito said he cringes watching them play on the road. Even if they start scoring (someone other than Vinny), I think you have real goaltender issues. If Ottawa still wants to drop one of their goalies, Tampa should cough up the cash. Not that I want them to win but I like seeing the SE represented well.

Looks like Tampa is going to be the Calgary Flames of last season; horrible on the road but pretty good at home. I can see the Canes running away with the division right now...

LB, do think Tort's job is hanging by a thread now? Looks as if the locker room may have stopped listening to him. You can only scream, yell and call out players so long before they start tuning you out. They really have looked a mess the last couple of games and even Phil Esposito said he cringes watching them play on the road. Even if they start scoring (someone other than Vinny), I think you have real goaltender issues. If Ottawa still wants to drop one of their goalies, Tampa should cough up the cash. Not that I want them to win but I like seeing the SE represented well.

Avs are now in first place in the NW, right where they should be! :D

They're actually getting good goaltending from Theodore. Who knew?

Not to mention that every other team in the SE and NW lost. Plus Buffalo did, too!

Wooo! :D Joooooseee!

But those Habs, last nights game was amazing (but, then again, I am pretty positive I say that after every time I watch the Canadiens play!) Offense was absolutely great, unlike how they started at the beginning of the season, our defense needs some work. They were all over the place besides where they were supposed to be and it let the Flyers get some good opportunities (which is never good). Our offense were everywhere, and the Habs powerplay is the most amazing thing, they are just marvelous. 5-2, now that's a way to win =) Go Habs Go.

Caps lose and the Sabres just couldn't come though for us. Not sure why they only decided to play late in the third but if they could have put in some effort in a little earlier, they would have beat Florida.

So.....looks like Florida will be coming here tomorrow with a little confidence after beating us and the Sabres. Panthers took plenty of penalties where the Sabres fell down so I wonder if they'll complain about them too? Vokoun played tonight and I have a feeling he'll be back in the net tomorrow too.

Caps lose and the Sabres just couldn't come though for us. Not sure why they only decided to play late in the third but if they could have put in some effort in a little earlier, they would have beat Florida.

So.....looks like Florida will be coming here tomorrow with a little confidence after beating us and the Sabres. Panthers took plenty of penalties where the Sabres fell down so I wonder if they'll complain about them too? Vokoun played tonight and I have a feeling he'll be back in the net tomorrow too.

Man, Florida wrecked them tonight. To beat the Sabres in Buffalo, 4-2, without being given a single PP chance.

But Vokoun was in net. Does this mean we get Anderson, or are they going to put a tired Vokoun against an angry Carolina?

Man, Florida wrecked them tonight. To beat the Sabres in Buffalo, 4-2, without being given a single PP chance.

But Vokoun was in net. Does this mean we get Anderson, or are they going to put a tired Vokoun against an angry Carolina?

Buffalo had plenty of chances but couldn't bury the puck. They had a dismal or lets just say, uninspired 2nd period which ended up biting them in the end.

I think we'll see Vokoun unless he's spent. I don't know what the goaltending coach teaches them down there but Vokoun is out of the goal almost as much as Eddie Balfour was. If our guys can keep the pressure up and keep someone in front of Vokoun, I like our chances.

Buffalo had plenty of chances but couldn't bury the puck. They had a dismal or lets just say, uninspired 2nd period which ended up biting them in the end.

I think we'll see Vokoun unless he's spent. I don't know what the goaltending coach teaches them down there but Vokoun is out of the goal almost as much as Eddie Balfour was. If our guys can keep the pressure up and keep someone in front of Vokoun, I like our chances.

This season is kinda crazy so far. Los Angeles leading their division, San Jose and Anaheim sucking it up, Columbus playing well, Buffalo being pretty awful, Boston playing well, Tim Thomas and Pascal Leclaire being among the league leaders in GAA, and Colorado having a good goalie controversy.

This season is kinda crazy so far. Los Angeles leading their division, San Jose and Anaheim sucking it up, Columbus playing well, Buffalo being pretty awful, Boston playing well, Tim Thomas and Pascal Leclaire being among the league leaders in GAA, and Colorado having a good goalie controversy.

All the more reason for the Canes to quietly chug along and bring little attention to themselves (I guess the Panthers ruined that). Let the others shine for now. I like this turn around because every season, all 30 teams have a chance to win. Makes it more interesting....

All the more reason for the Canes to quietly chug along and bring little attention to themselves (I guess the Panthers ruined that). Let the others shine for now. I like this turn around because every season, all 30 teams have a chance to win. Makes it more interesting....

Man, Kolvachuck gets 2 hat tricks in a row.

Please, stay on the Thrashers. I can't imagine what he'd be like with an actual team around him.

I wouldn't use the term around him, since he's deffinatly not a building block in my book. To me Kovalchuck is like icing on a cake. With his game, if the team he is added to is crummy they won't get significantly better, but if you added him to a team with a good base, that could make up for his tendency to get frustrated and occasional lack of any sort of defense, watch out.

Though I think that he is representative of the Thrashers problems, they don't have a solid building block to carry the team emotionally and lead them on the ice when they need it. Him and Hossa are amazign pieces but they lack the glue players to keep the going.

Though I think that he is representative of the Thrashers problems, they don't have a solid building block to carry the team emotionally and lead them on the ice when they need it. Him and Hossa are amazign pieces but they lack the glue players to keep the going.

Well, that's 4 points that the Thrashers have stolen because of Kovalchuck's hattrick. Glue is nice, but as long as they're winning the games, I don't think they care how they're doing it.

Gerber is having a great year.

Bruins gave it a good shot but lost in the shoot out to Ottawa.

Tim Thomas also looking very strong.

Gerber is having a great year.

Bruins gave it a good shot but lost in the shoot out to Ottawa.

Tim Thomas also looking very strong.

And LeClaire gets another shutout. 5 shutouts in 9 games. Where the heck did this guy come from?

yeah sheesh no kidding. and although not 4 shutouts in 9 games, but what about Labarbera, and since when was Tim Thomas that good? And Chris Osgood? He hasn't lost yet....this guy has been around since the 1993-1994 season, and his best season was the 1995-1996 season when he won 39 of 50 games for the Red Wings and only allowed 106 goals against in those 50 games.

And what's more, the amazing goalies of our time (Hasek, Brodeur, Luongo) they are nowhere to be found in the leader stats.....what has happened with the goalies this year? Backups are amazing, #1s are mediocre.....

True.....been flying under the radar has Osgood......now he has a chance, and he hasn't been beaten yet.....good thing i just put him on my fantasy team haha. Now have him, Cam, and Thomas as my goalies. dropped laBarbera to have Osgood, but i think it's a good trade...

True.....been flying under the radar has Osgood......now he has a chance, and he hasn't been beaten yet.....good thing i just put him on my fantasy team haha. Now have him, Cam, and Thomas as my goalies. dropped laBarbera to have Osgood, but i think it's a good trade...

I can't figure out what to do with Ryan Miller on my team. He's absolutely killing me :(