The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

This one can go either way really. The Habs IMO are the better team, but their PP hasn't been great. If they find that again, they will take the series. And even though Price has been good, he has shown that he is a rookie. How will he handle the Flyers in his crease. If Price can't handle it, the Habs are done.

Let's Go Flyers

I hope the Habs win this one although what kind of damage will the unruly fans do this time? I know this is probably a stupid question but could you please tell me why they chant Ole, Ole, Ole and what does it mean? It reminds me of soccer and I hate soccer!

I hope the Habs win this one although what kind of damage will the unruly fans do this time? I know this is probably a stupid question but could you please tell me why they chant Ole, Ole, Ole and what does it mean? It reminds me of soccer and I hate soccer!

A lot of people in Montreal have European heritage, and soccer's a big sport in Europe. Guess they carried it over. That's what I've heard, at least.

I'm rooting for the Habs in this one. I can't stomach rooting for the team that's got Scott Hartnell on it.

A lot of people in Montreal have European heritage, and soccer's a big sport in Europe. Guess they carried it over. That's what I've heard, at least.

I'm rooting for the Habs in this one. I can't stomach rooting for the team that's got Scott Hartnell on it.

amen brother. dirty dirty like Jones is as well.

Well I can tell you an unofficial answer why, but you might not believe me.

I have a close buddy who goes to the Montreal F1 race on a yearly basis with his family and close family friends. There's usually a lot of them who go, and most of them are italian and HUGE soccer fans. A few years ago they thought it'd be fun to chant "ole ole ole" during the race and get as many people in the crowd to join in. They ended up getting their entire section chanting "ole ole ole" and the thing spread like wildfire across the racing crowd there. Two weeks later Hab fans started chanting "ole ole ole" at the Bell Centre. Take that for what it's worth. :huh:

Well I can tell you an unofficial answer why, but you might not believe me.

I have a close buddy who goes to the Montreal F1 race on a yearly basis with his family and close family friends. There's usually a lot of them who go, and most of them are italian and HUGE soccer fans. A few years ago they thought it'd be fun to chant "ole ole ole" during the race and get as many people in the crowd to join in. They ended up getting their entire section chanting "ole ole ole" and the thing spread like wildfire across the racing crowd there. Two weeks later Hab fans started chanting "ole ole ole" at the Bell Centre. Take that for what it's worth. :huh:

Thanks for the info. :)

Coming in Philly's PP was doing better than Montreal's...Philly was 2nd in the reg. season so at least they're keeping up the good PP work. This is a unique series to say the least...Montreal does seem better but maybe Boston showed some flaws in the first round.

In all honesty. The Habs didn't play for anything tonight. They were horrible. And they pulled it off. They played well the first couple minutes and then it all went to hell.

I hope Philly is scared though. Imagine how we'll play against them when we're actually on our game.

Proud of those guys, even if they didn't do anything right tonight.

Thanks to all you guys who are supporting them =)

Tricolore jusqu'au bout! Go Habs Go!

In all honesty. The Habs didn't play for anything tonight. They were horrible. And they pulled it off. They played well the first couple minutes and then it all went to hell.

I hope Philly is scared though. Imagine how we'll play against them when we're actually on our game.

Proud of those guys, even if they didn't do anything right tonight.

Thanks to all you guys who are supporting them =)

Tricolore jusqu'au bout! Go Habs Go!

It's strange you feel that way Cath. I didn't get to see some of the second, but I didn't think Montreal played that horrible. Some bad passes and turnovers, but both teams stayed out of the penalty box. Phillie was playing more of Montreal's style which is why the game was a lot more open. We had a lot of chances that simply didn't go in our way.