The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

We hit two posts and put in an unfortunate own goal, don't forget.

Well luck can go both ways...but it just seems like overall Montreal has that something special to get themselves over the top this year.

Well luck can go both ways...but it just seems like overall Montreal has that something special to get themselves over the top this year.

You gotta remember Montreal played Boston without their best player and is playing Philly without their best player, Gagne. I wanna see how they do against a complete team in New York or Pitt if they get past Philly.

You gotta remember Montreal played Boston without their best player and is playing Philly without their best player, Gagne. I wanna see how they do against a complete team in New York or Pitt if they get past Philly.

I'd like to believe that Montreal didn't win the Eastern Conference regular season title by preying on injured teams all season... <_<

Man there some really bad Flyer trolls on the Habs board right now.....

I'm beginning to understand where you guys are coming from....I hope I don't come off here the way they have there.

I'm beginning to understand where you guys are coming from....I hope I don't come off here the way they have there.

I don't think you come off as a troll here. You give credit where credit is due when it comes to the Canes, and you aren't here just to bash them, and us. Plus, most of the time you have something to back up an argument where a troll would not....soo.....yeah. :)

Anyway, I can't wait for this game tonight...Go Habs Go!!

And vice versa.

So I've heard, but the Flyer's board is very crude to begin with. I scrolled through to take a look myself and the fans there are calling for blood, threatening to throw bottles as visiting Hab fans, beat up Hab fans, throw garbage in the Canadiens' bench, etc (not all, but there seems to be a fair amount throwing out some malicious comments). If there are any moderators in that board they don't seem to be doing their job at keeping threads family-friendly.

Oh well, it's not like Hab fans at the Bell have been classy as of late, but violent threats seem to be a bit over the top wouldn't you agree? It's a hockey series, sure I want to win, but no one should be violently hurt.

I don't think you come off as a troll here. You give credit where credit is due when it comes to the Canes, and you aren't here just to bash them, and us. Plus, most of the time you have something to back up an argument where a troll would not....soo.....yeah. :)

Me too

If you did, you wouldnt be here right now ;) .

If you did, you wouldnt be here right now ;) .

If there are any moderators in that board they don't seem to be doing their job at keeping threads family-friendly.

Is anything in Philly family-friendly? This is the city whose fans boo Santa Claus. This is a city that needs to have a jail built into its arena/stadiums?

Easy folks, lets not turn this into another fan bashing thread. Not to mention neither of these fan bases have much to do with the Hurricanes or our fan base so Im not sure why it needs discussing on this board.

Easy folks, lets not turn this into another fan bashing thread. Not to mention neither of these fan bases have much to do with the Hurricanes or our fan base so Im not sure why it needs discussing on this board.

yay, katy's back on the good side! ;)

yay, katy's back on the good side! ;)

I just wanted the Flyers to knock out the Capitals.

I really like the Habs and they remind me a lot of the 2006 Canes. I can't help but cheer for them. Plus, I think it's about time a Canadian team won the Cup!!

I actually just ordered my first non-Canes shirt...a Habs Komisarek shirt..after much searching and a few phone calls to NHL.com

I'm pretty excited about it!! :)

I just wanted the Flyers to knock out the Capitals.

I really like the Habs and they remind me a lot of the 2006 Canes. I can't help but cheer for them. Plus, I think it's about time a Canadian team won the Cup!!

I actually just ordered my first non-Canes shirt...a Habs Komisarek shirt..after much searching and a few phone calls to NHL.com

I'm pretty excited about it!! :)

haha I'm just teasing. ;)

I'm with you, being a Sabres fan I probably shouldn't like the Habs, but this team is fun and easy to get behind. And I'm rooting hard for Carey Price to do well, so hopefully he can bounce back after tonight.

And they remind me of the '06 Sabres. haha

Habs need to PICK UP THE PACE...come on it's the playoffs show everything you got lol.

I didn't get to watch the entire game, only parts, because I was at a party.

From what I could see, Montreal seemed to be doing everything right, except putting the puck in the net. I hope this problem can be overcome next game.

I just hope that Montreal's players will fuel their fire after witnessing Umberger's overzealous celebration after the 4th goal.

Man there are just as many bad Habs trolls on the Flyers boards. Go check it out. First we had all the Great8 trolls and now we have all the "Canada is better" trolls.

Man there are just as many bad Habs trolls on the Flyers boards. Go check it out. First we had all the Great8 trolls and now we have all the "Canada is better" trolls.

I have no sympathy for the Flyers board. The moderators there are practically non-existent and the fans there get away with posting some of the crudest things I've ever read in a hockey forum. The Hab trolls you speak of didn't show up until after Flyer fans started threatening to violently attack visiting Hab fans.

Is anything in Philly family-friendly? This is the city whose fans boo Santa Claus. This is a city that needs to have a jail built into its arena/stadiums?

Yes, there is a lot of family-friendly things in Philly-The Franklin Institute- a science museum with a big heart you can walk through. The Please Touch Museum, kind of self explanatory.The Philadelphia Zoo, The Adventure Aquarium, which is right across the river in New Jersey, just to name a few. Valley Forge Historical Park is not far away, you know George Washington stayed there. Drunk fans at an Eagles game booed Santa claus once, a long time ago. Also the stadium that held court and had a holding cell in it was imploded years ago, it was Veterans Stadium and it is no longer around, I believe it is now a parking lot. You act like all their stadiums/arenas have jails,well they don't.

How soon we forget what Canadian fans did after round one of this years playoffs-burned 8 police cars and riots in the streets. ;)