The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

Easy folks, trolls are frustrating and Im sorry your team's boards have to deal with them but fortunately, the only good thing about not getting into the playoffs is that we dont have to deal with opposing team's trolls.

We're just trying to enjoy the hockey so lets not bring the whole troll argument here, thanks. Any other posts arguing about trolls will be deleted.

Thanks.

Easy folks, trolls are frustrating and Im sorry your team's boards have to deal with them but fortunately, the only good thing about not getting into the playoffs is that we dont have to deal with opposing team's trolls.

We're just trying to enjoy the hockey so lets not bring the whole troll argument here, thanks. Any other posts arguing about trolls will be deleted.

Thanks.

How soon we forget what Canadian fans did after round one of this years playoffs-burned 8 police cars and riots in the streets. ;)

The riots really had no reflection on people outside of Montreal, and the police cars were lit on fire by gangs who used the crowd as an opportunity to exercise their own hidden agenda. That story has been confirmed by many sources.

There is also a difference between Canadian fans and Canadien fans. You mean the latter.

I'm assuming you're pulling for the Flyers, cheers to a good series.

Philly looking pretty good right now... Oh, and the Habs look anything but... I didn't really see the Downy trip on Price in the first but was wondering what ya'll thought. BIG time disagreement by Habs/Flyers fans...

Philly looking pretty good right now... Oh, and the Habs look anything but... I didn't really see the Downy trip on Price in the first but was wondering what ya'll thought. BIG time disagreement by Habs/Flyers fans...

It was a cheap shot but what did you expect from Downie. That said, the Flyers are playing very well, Biron has 9 lives and the Habs havent shown up to the rink yet.

It was a cheap shot but what did you expect from Downie. That said, the Flyers are playing very well, Biron has 9 lives and the Habs havent shown up to the rink yet.

Well, I think Philly deserved the win. I was impressed with the way they won just about all the battles along the boards. I'm not for the dirty little plays at all, but our own dear Canes could use some of that big time checking. And I'm not sure I'd start Price next game. He really never looked comfortable all night...

Well, I think Philly deserved the win. I was impressed with the way they won just about all the battles along the boards. I'm not for the dirty little plays at all, but our own dear Canes could use some of that big time checking. And I'm not sure I'd start Price next game. He really never looked comfortable all night...

They had said Price's glove hand was bothering him.

Habs need to shape up quickly.

You guys really think the Flyers outplayed Montreal?

You do realise the shots were 32-14 (17-2 in the 3rd). Most of the game was played in Phillie's end too. Biron played on his head, that's the main difference breaker i seen.

I hope you guys don't mind I hang out with you for a while....the Habs board is infested with Flyer trolls right now. Need to get away from them.

Oh how I wish Hatcher's idiocy would have truly cost them that game. So close...

It really almost did. This series has truly been painful to watch. We've hit a total of 8 posts in two games.

Downie didn't touch Price lol...clearly went for the puck. Good win by the Flyers...Habs might be in some trouble for this series.

He touched him, just barely. My first thought before the aftermath from Price hitting the ice was do the ref's have the guts to call a diving penalty for embellishment.

Price definitely looked shaky through two, I didn't catch the third. But from what I saw Montreal dominated the game and Philly just took advantage of the chances they got. Whereas Montreal kept whiffing on easy plays and hitting the post.

God I know! The Habs aren't even my team and I can't handle this. Hopefully this means that eventually everything will start to fall into place...hopefully sooner rather than later.

If we want to be supersitious, the good news is that I have to miss the next two games and it seems that so far in the playoffs, the Flyers lose when I don't watch.

He touched him, just barely. My first thought before the aftermath from Price hitting the ice was do the ref's have the guts to call a diving penalty for embellishment.

Price definitely looked shaky through two, I didn't catch the third. But from what I saw Montreal dominated the game and Philly just took advantage of the chances they got. Whereas Montreal kept whiffing on easy plays and hitting the post.

Goalies skate on dull skates...it doesn't take much to knock them over....especially with all that equipment....I wouldn't call that close to a dive...Downie made a dirty play, we shouldn't be debating over this. The puck was on Price's stick and not between his legs.

Goalies skate on dull skates...it doesn't take much to knock them over....especially with all that equipment....I wouldn't call that close to a dive...Downie made a dirty play, we shouldn't be debating over this. The puck was on Price's stick and not between his legs.

I think the right call was made (i.e., no call), but on TV and slowed down it looked more like a dive than things I've seen called. Personally, I don't think Downie made a dirty play but made a careless play.

I think the right call was made (i.e., no call), but on TV and slowed down it looked more like a dive than things I've seen called. Personally, I don't think Downie made a dirty play but made a careless play.

Agree to disagree. I just think you might be missjudging the difference between the balance of a goalie and a player.

Anyways, you guys have been good sports in here. Thanks for the calm atmosphere.

IMO, Price was knocked over, didn't embellish. Downie shouldn't even be giving Price a reason to dive though if you want to look at it that way.

What do I know though? My team is FULL of divers :rolleyes:

There were soo many times tonight where I was yelling at the Habs "AHHHH THE PUCK IS AT YOUR FEET. GET IT!"

Lots of hitting posts, near misses, luck for Biron.

They just need to start cashing in. They need to take advantage of home ice in game 4. :)

IMO, Price was knocked over, didn't embellish. Downie shouldn't even be giving Price a reason to dive though if you want to look at it that way.

There were soo many times tonight where I was yelling at the Habs "AHHHH THE PUCK IS AT YOUR FEET. GET IT!"

They just need to start cashing in. They need to take advantage of home ice in game 4. :)

They dont get home ice again till game #5 ;)

Hatcher was having a good series...till tonight. He almost blew a 3-0 lead for the Flyers. This is still anyone's series.

Price was cheap shottted but it wasnt dirty IMO. A dirty play has the intent to injure, Downie was just trying to knock Price off the play and his game. Cheap yes, dirty, no.

Hatcher was having a good series...till tonight. He almost blew a 3-0 lead for the Flyers. This is still anyone's series.

Price was cheap shottted but it wasnt dirty IMO. A dirty play has the intent to injure, Downie was just trying to knock Price off the play and his game. Cheap yes, dirty, no.

thanks for the support, but game 4 is still in phillie.

I'd also like to say I was glad the fans in Phillie didn't boo the Canadian anthem. I sure as god hope the Montreal fans show the same couresy to the American anthem when the series heads back to Montreal for Game 5

It's interesting you think that of Hatcher TSA, most hockey analysts have been calling Hatcher the slowest guy on the ice.

Whoops my bad! Can we say lack of sleep?

To edit my statement:

"They just need to start cashing in starting in game 4...THEN take advantage of home ice in game 5" :) :)

Whoops my bad! Can we say lack of sleep?

To edit my statement:

"They just need to start cashing in starting in game 4...THEN take advantage of home ice in game 5" :):)

*High Five TH*