The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

*High Five TH*

Or I guess for the Frenchies out there it would be ma mauvais as my French teacher liked to use LOL :lol:

Man, where have the Habs been? They barely squeeze by the Bruins, a team they really should have had no problem with, and they could easily be down 3-0 in the series right now, if not for a 3rd period collapse in Game 1.

It's interesting you think that of Hatcher TSA, most hockey analysts have been calling Hatcher the slowest guy on the ice.

I thought he's been playing a pretty smart game this series(till tonight), Im not talking about speed. Not sure which analysts your talking about but the guys on XM were commenting on how well Hatcher has been playing as well. Its not something you hear often about him, it caught my attention, lol.

Biron has 9 lives, I have no idea how he keeps getting the breaks he does. Wonder what the Sabre fans are thinking watching him bring the Flyers through the playoffs?

It's interesting you think that of Hatcher TSA, most hockey analysts have been calling Hatcher the slowest guy on the ice.

I thought he's been playing a pretty smart game this series(till tonight), Im not talking about speed. Not sure which analysts your talking about but the guys on XM were commenting on how well Hatcher has been playing as well. Its not something you hear often about him, it caught my attention, lol.

Biron has 9 lives, I have no idea how he keeps getting the breaks he does. Wonder what the Sabre fans are thinking watching him bring the Flyers through the playoffs?

Man, where have the Habs been? They barely squeeze by the Bruins, a team they really should have had no problem with, and they could easily be down 3-0 in the series right now, if not for a 3rd period collapse in Game 1.

Playoffs are different then the regular season. <_<

I think the biggest difference, especially in this series, is that the Habs PP has just been *blah*

Most of the time they can't get anything going. You saw tonight in their 5 minute PP how much momentum it gives them. Guy needs to work on that with them and figure out what isn't clicking..or look at what DID work in that 5 minute PP. When you are playing against a team that takes more and more penalties as a losing effort of theirs goes on, you need it to click every time.

I think the biggest difference, especially in this series, is that the Habs PP has just been *blah*

Most of the time they can't get anything going. You saw tonight in their 5 minute PP how much momentum it gives them. Guy needs to work on that with them and figure out what isn't clicking..or look at what DID work in that 5 minute PP. When you are playing against a team that takes more and more penalties as a losing effort of theirs goes on, you need it to click every time.

You hit the nail right on the head TH (if it's cool I call you that). Thing is, Montreal's PP (with exception to some of nights game) has looked better this series then against the Bruins. Every time we hit the post on the PP we have Biron beat but it still eats away at the teams confidence. I truly hope the 2 goals scored during the 5min major is the turn around for Montreal's PP.

NO way did Downie make a dirty play...come on guys lol. If anything, he barely touched Price...I mean just look at the replays...was there really that much contact for such a big fall from Price? I certainly don't think so. I think some of you on here are looking more at the individual (Downie) and saying "well gosh look what he has done in the past...so yea he makes dirty plays..." instead of looking at the play. But whatever :lol: .

Anyways...Hoyle is right the Habs did outplay the Flyers in this game...but really all these missed chances are starting to add up for the Habs and it cost them a game this time around. They should just keep doing their stuff though...Biron can't be this lucky all the time.

Also it is funny to note that the Habs were out of this game until that 5 minute PP...where low and behold they got themselves together and found their regular season PP magic again...just in the nick of time I guess. Seriously, their PP should be their secret weapon but so far this postseason they just haven't taken advantage of the chances yet...they did in this game so hopefully things are back on track now.

NO way did Downie make a dirty play...come on guys lol. If anything, he barely touched Price...I mean just look at the replays...was there really that much contact for such a big fall from Price? I certainly don't think so. I think some of you on here are looking more at the individual (Downie) and saying "well gosh look what he has done in the past...so yea he makes dirty plays..." instead of looking at the play. But whatever :lol: .

I can't figure out if you're being serious here or not.....

I can't figure out if you're being serious here or not.....

Yep, Downie (imho) didn't do a damn thing wrong in the play being discussed. Maybe the "lol" face thru you off at the end there, but that's a serious argument.

Yep, Downie (imho) didn't do a damn thing wrong in the play being discussed. Maybe the "lol" face thru you off at the end there, but that's a serious argument.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

I can't say I agree with you...that was a text book trip

1. Goalies rarely ever dive, especially in the corners, because if the officials don't make ANY call the goalie is way out of position with the net wide open.

2. Price's leg clearly kicks out as Downie's stick slew foots him. He wasn't even facing Downie, for him to time something like that is quite an assumption. Price's mistake is that he turned his back to the plays, that's always a no-no in goalie coaching.

I don't know if any of you guys know this but Hatcher is just coming back from a broken ankle he suffered in March. So the fact that he is back is amazing. He has never been one of the fastest guys on the ice. He just seems to get thinks done when he is out there. But i was not happy with what he did tonight, almost cost us the game.

1. Goalies rarely ever dive, especially in the corners, because if the officials don't make ANY call the goalie is way out of position with the net wide open.

*cough Marty Brodeur cough* He's well known for embellishing a trip behind his net to draw calls....and gets them. He's quite good at it and will usually get the benefit of the doubt because he's Marty.

Back to your disagreement....

*cough Marty Brodeur cough* He's well known for embellishing a trip behind his net to draw calls....and gets them. He's quite good at it and will usually get the benefit of the doubt because he's Marty.

I guess I can kinda see where both sides are coming from... I did have a few questions why the Habs got the power play after the following brawl. I can see why they would have gotten the original penalty but the Habs had free reign in the fight. <_<

I don't know if any of you guys know this but Hatcher is just coming back from a broken ankle he suffered in March. So the fact that he is back is amazing. He has never been one of the fastest guys on the ice. He just seems to get thinks done when he is out there. But i was not happy with what he did tonight, almost cost us the game.

I knew, thats part of why I said what I did. Coming back quickly from an ugly injury is one thing, but being effective is another and impressive. Not to mention that Hatcher doesnt have the best reputaion out there but has played a well disciplined and smart game....until last night.

Tough call on who to start for the Habs. Id go with Price like someone said earlier, if nothing else but to let him know he's the guy. If the Habs make it through to the next round, they're going to need him to be at the top of his game becausde the Pens will be relentless with what they throw at the net.

Or maybe he needs a one game rest to re-focus. Worked wonders for Ward when Gerber was put in for one game in the ECF's for us against Buffalo.

Not sure whats up with the Habs because I dont think they've underestimated their opponent, I think that lesson was learned in the last round. Biron is playing well but not exceptional and gets a ton of breaks. The Habs dont seem to be taking advantage of mistakes made, and there have been plenty.

Im just hoping for a seven game series because I just like game 7's. ;)

I knew, thats part of why I said what I did. Coming back quickly from an ugly injury is one thing, but being effective is another and impressive. Not to mention that Hatcher doesnt have the best reputaion out there but has played a well disciplined and smart game....until last night.

Tough call on who to start for the Habs. Id go with Price like someone said earlier, if nothing else but to let him know he's the guy. If the Habs make it through to the next round, they're going to need him to be at the top of his game becausde the Pens will be relentless with what they throw at the net.

Or maybe he needs a one game rest to re-focus. Worked wonders for Ward when Gerber was put in for one game in the ECF's for us against Buffalo.

Not sure whats up with the Habs because I dont think they've underestimated their opponent, I think that lesson was learned in the last round. Biron is playing well but not exceptional and gets a ton of breaks. The Habs dont seem to be taking advantage of mistakes made, and there have been plenty.

Im just hoping for a seven game series because I just like game 7's. ;)

matter of opinion....

Brodeur plays the puck behind his net more than any other goalie who has played the game. Players have been taking runs at Brodeur behind the net since he's gotten in the NHL. Goalies carry a lot of equipment on their shoulders and their skates are always dull, so their blade down dig into the ice when they need to go down quick. Some goalies even scratch their blades against the goalposts to take some of the edge off if they feel the blade is too sharp. It's not hard to knock a goalie over.

Sorry I know I'm heavily disagreeing here, but i just have a hard time when people try to look at goalies the same way as players.

matter of opinion....

Brodeur plays the puck behind his net more than any other goalie who has played the game. Players have been taking runs at Brodeur behind the net since he's gotten in the NHL. Goalies carry a lot of equipment on their shoulders and their skates are always dull, so their blade down dig into the ice when they need to go down quick. Some goalies even scratch their blades against the goalposts to take some of the edge off if they feel the blade is too sharp. It's not hard to knock a goalie over.

Sorry I know I'm heavily disagreeing here, but i just have a hard time when people try to look at goalies the same way as players.

Disagreeing is good, makes for interesting discussion if its done respectfully (which you are doing). I wouldnt assume that everyone looks at goalies and players the same way because of their opinions.

Back to the game... Im not sure where the Habs would have ended up if not for the 5 minute PP. Maybe they can build some confidence from being able to score on the PP since that was really their bread and butter through the season. If they can, the series will start to look different. If not, I dont see the Habe moving on. Sorry Hoyle and Catherine, I dont have any vested interest in this series and am looking at it from a completely unbiased view.

Its only 2-1 though and things can change quickly. Keep the faith.

matter of opinion....

Disagreeing is good, makes for interesting discussion if its done respectfully (which you are doing). I wouldnt assume that everyone looks at goalies and players the same way because of their opinions.

Back to the game... Im not sure where the Habs would have ended up if not for the 5 minute PP. Maybe they can build some confidence from being able to score on the PP since that was really their bread and butter through the season. If they can, the series will start to look different. If not, I dont see the Habe moving on. Sorry Hoyle and Catherine, I dont have any vested interest in this series and am looking at it from a completely unbiased view.

Its only 2-1 though and things can change quickly. Keep the faith.

You guys really think the Flyers outplayed Montreal?

You do realise the shots were 32-14 (17-2 in the 3rd). Most of the game was played in Phillie's end too. Biron played on his head, that's the main difference breaker i seen.

I hope you guys don't mind I hang out with you for a while....the Habs board is infested with Flyer trolls right now. Need to get away from them.

There was a reason for the 17-2 edge. Stupid penalties by the Flyers Bullies. I think you left out things like a 2 minute 5 on 3 and a 5 minute continous powerplay.

That being said Carey is looking a little scary. Appears to be slipping a little mentally and letting the bullies get into his head.