The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

Look, if some of you feel Price embellished the fall, that's fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Price certainly didn't initiate the fall, nor did he owe it to Downie to struggle and stay on his feet.

Because if there is one thing I've learned from the Flyer fans in the Habs board, is how aggravating visiting fans can be....so I finally understand why many of you get upset most of the time.

But do try to realise that when I strongly disagree with anyone here, it's not because I'm trying to talk down to anyone in a condescending manor. I tend to be very opinionated, but that's not because of who I cheer for or where anyone is from...these things are rather trivial considering we all know the sport fairly well.

I moderate my opinions in here because don't really see myself as an outsider, but rather someone apart of the community but who happens to cheer for a separate team.

<_<

He owed it to his team to try and stay on his feet. Obviously, the scrum afterwards negated the play, but what happens when that same thing happens, and there's no scrum after? And the refs let the play continue?

Now he's on the ice instead of in the net. Easy goal.

He owed it to his team to try and stay on his feet. Obviously, the scrum afterwards negated the play, but what happens when that same thing happens, and there's no scrum after? And the refs let the play continue?

Now he's on the ice instead of in the net. Easy goal.

When a goalie is taken down there is ALWAYS a scrum after.

And when you get caught that deep in your corner and turn the puck over it doesn't matter if you're on your butt or on your feet, it's an easy goal.

IceFrog....are you saying that Price could have stayed on his feet? Regardless of whether he embellished anything...There obviously was contact, that much cannot be denied. So are you saying Price could have stayed on his feet?

No disrespect here but I cant believe you guys are still debating this one play. What more can possibly be said that hasnt? Youve already agreed to disagree and mentioned it was time to let it go......its time.

Still some hockey left to be played in this series.

No disrespect here but I cant believe you guys are still debating this one play. What more can possibly be said that hasnt? Youve already agreed to disagree and mentioned it was time to let it go......its time.

When a goalie is taken down there is ALWAYS a scrum after.

Then the Habs are called for iniating the scrum. Now your team is on the PK, since the initial contact wasn't called for a penalty.

And I don't think it's possible to tell whether or not Price could have stayed on his feet. Yeah, there was contact. The question is whether or not that contact was enough to cause Price to fall, and I don't believe it was.

There have been plenty of instances where a goalie was caught in a position like Price was, and had the opposing players trying to interfere with his ability to play the puck, and their main concern was trying to get back into the net, not draw a penalty.

I agree.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!! Mike Knuble is back tonight!

Halak starts tonight.

I like this move.

If there is one thing that MTL/CAR series have taught me in the past, it's that goalie changes can completely shift the chemistry and momentum of a series.

Dam you Weekes and Ward.

I like this move.

If there is one thing that MTL/CAR series have taught me in the past, it's that goalie changes can completely shift the chemistry and momentum of a series.

Dam you Weekes and Ward.

Ward.........wow did he make...about 45 saves he had no business making. We had no business winning that series at all.

I take back what I said. Halak has been really good so far. I guess just because I haven't seen him play at all I was a little scared to see him in there.

I take back what I said. Halak has been really good so far. I guess just because I haven't seen him play at all I was a little scared to see him in there.

It doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure this series is over...

You can't outplay a team this bad and get rocked by the other teams goalie, then expect to win.

It doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure this series is over...

You can't outplay a team this bad and get rocked by the other teams goalie, then expect to win.

I agree. They are getting more shots on goal, but Philly is making their SOG count.

I am really disappointed with the way they are playing right now.

Doesn't help that RJ Umberger is pretty unstoppable..I'm very impressed with him.