The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dp1one

No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. No. 6 Philadelphia Flyers, Flyers advance to ECF

2 goals in 40 Seconds... :o

I wouldn't say goodbye yet Hoyle

Let him say goodbye for now...it seems to be good mojo for the Habs! LOL

Well, well, well...look what we have here...one team playing pretty good yet they can't solve the other team's goalie at the right times...while their own goalies can't stop the puck at the right times...and now the Habs face elimination. I must say I'm somewhat surprised by the results so far...Habs should be able to out-hustle the Flyers and use their speed and transition game to score enough goals to win these games...yet they can't.

Au revoir, Montr

Oh let me say this though...Habs MUST put Price back in net now. Every game here on out is basically Game 7...every game is a must win. Price seems to be at his best (reminds me of Ward) when the heat is up and nothing but playing well and winning will suffice...so put him back in there, tell him it's do or die, and watch the kid pick his game back up again. I'm not saying it'll be enough to come back and win the series...but at the very least give the team a fighting chance and show the world who your #1 goaltender is. Remember Habs you haven't played poorly or anything...just not finishing or getting the good goaltending. Keep doing what you've been doing AND let Price know he's the man and that it's time to come back and win a series!

Well, well, well...look what we have here...one team playing pretty good yet they can't solve the other team's goalie at the right times...while their own goalies can't stop the puck at the right times...and now the Habs face elimination. I must say I'm somewhat surprised by the results so far...Habs should be able to out-hustle the Flyers and use their speed and transition game to score enough goals to win these games...yet they can't.

Au revoir, Montr

You might be surprised by Halak....

And :( Phillie fans booed the anthem...oh well.

That's a shame because it's a beautiful song and I'm dissapointed that they won't televise the national anthems on Comcast or Versus. I like hearing them.

That's a shame because it's a beautiful song and I'm dissapointed that they won't televise the national anthems on Comcast or Versus. I like hearing them.

:)

To be honest I'm kind of in a haze right now. At first I was really really angry, but right now I'm just out of it.....

thanks for rubbing it in apostle...your kindness is soothing. :(

Don't you worry Hoyle, Price will come back strong and the home crowd will propel Montreal to a victory in Game 5. After that though...

bravo montreal, not only did you play a major role in the demise of our season [washington would not have done what they did without huet], but you ruined your playoff run with one absolutely stupid trade. have fun with your 2nd round pick bob gainey.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

I didn't hear any booing.

I stand corrected them.

I still am no fan of the FLyers though, even though they are playing awesome hockey

and deserve credit for doing so.

I'm surprised Montreal didn't find a way to win at least 1 game in Philly. They haven't gotten back on track after Boston came back to win 3 straight on them IMO. They have an uphill battle now but at least they would have a game 7 on home ice. I don't see them beating Philly 3 times straight. The Flyers are on a roll now it seems.

I think Philly closes this one out in game 5 in OT, still think Guy made a mistake in taking out Price

Puts on riot gear

I think I agree with Philly closing it out in 5, but its not the goaltending that hurting the Habs, IMO. The Flyers are keeping them to the perimeter and not giving up the neutral zone. That pretty much takes the speed out the Hab's game and although there have been plenty of SOG's from the Habs, none have surprised Biron and forced him out of position. He's seeing everything.

*hides behind Quince*

I think Philly closes this one out in game 5 in OT, still think Guy made a mistake in taking out Price

Puts on riot gear

I think I agree with Philly closing it out in 5, but its not the goaltending that hurting the Habs, IMO. The Flyers are keeping them to the perimeter and not giving up the neutral zone. That pretty much takes the speed out the Hab's game and although there have been plenty of SOG's from the Habs, none have surprised Biron and forced him out of position. He's seeing everything.

*hides behind Quince*

*hides behind Quince*

lol

I agree with that, Montreal has hit a lot of posts this series and it could easily be 2-2. I was implying that taking out Price is going to hurt his confidence in the long run. They're not showing a lot confidence in the best up and coming goalie IMO in the league by yanking him so fast. He won't get threw the growing pains by watching on the bench.

Sabre Reference time :P

I remember back in the 06 playoffs in the 1st round, Ryan Miller played awful in games 3 in 4 Philly letting in 9 goals in 2 games. A goal very similar to the Richards goal in game 3 was scored by Umberger in game 4, a weak, lame duck wrist shot that lost us the game. Lindy Ruff aka Linda Ruffles on this board, decided to keep Miller in for game 5 and he came back with a shutout. He showed confidence in his goalie knowing that'd he rebound rather than just switch goalies and hope for the best. I thought it was pretty weak and impulsive to take out Price just like that.

lol

I agree with that, Montreal has hit a lot of posts this series and it could easily be 2-2. I was implying that taking out Price is going to hurt his confidence in the long run. They're not showing a lot confidence in the best up and coming goalie IMO in the league by yanking him so fast. He won't get threw the growing pains by watching on the bench.

Sabre Reference time :P

I remember back in the 06 playoffs in the 1st round, Ryan Miller played awful in games 3 in 4 Philly letting in 9 goals in 2 games. A goal very similar to the Richards goal in game 3 was scored by Umberger in game 4, a weak, lame duck wrist shot that lost us the game. Lindy Ruff aka Linda Ruffles on this board, decided to keep Miller in for game 5 and he came back with a shutout. He showed confidence in his goalie knowing that'd he rebound rather than just switch goalies and hope for the best. I thought it was pretty weak and impulsive to take out Price just like that.

I remember that and it did work out well for Linda Ruffles (you're a good sport Quince, lol). To play the devils advocate, in 06 when Ward had a rough game against the ....gasp...Sabres, Laviolette pulled him and opted to come back wth Gerber who was able to pull off a shut out(hides). He then came back with Ward for the next game who went the rest of the way, and the rest....as they say (whoever they are).... is history.